Caddy Vs Touran Door / Bump / Rub Strips

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Caddy Vs Touran Door / Bump / Rub Strips

Post by Whitey »

Hey y'all...

Not sure if it's my untrained eye but struggling to notice the difference from the caddy and touran door strips, I see it's a popular upgrade.

Is it possible the 2016 caddy's have touran style already?

Thank you :)
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy Vs Touran Door / Bump / Rub Strips

Post by Doc »

The edition 30 and black edition Caddys had the same rub strips as the same generation highline Touran. The highline caddy 2011-2015 had the smooth strips of the standard Touran. Lower specification Caddys without colour coding have textured strips.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

Thanks for the info Doc :)

Seems mine are standard in that case, textured black. Bit confused as mine have the slanted front and back ends and noticed some earlier models have level and rounded ends if that makes sense?

With the amount of sticky bonding VW use it surprises me they find it necessary to still drill holes in your door as well! Be nice if you could just whip em off for a bit of smoothness!
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

The 4th gen Caddys have lower profile side strips , even the textured ones are more shapely that the big ugly things on pre 2016 vans
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

The holes are to make sure the mouldings are fixed in precisely the right position. You're right though, it'd be good if they weren't there.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

tommyzooom wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 pm The 4th gen Caddys have lower profile side strips , even the textured ones are more shapely that the big ugly things on pre 2016 vans
Thank you TommyZooom - i think in that case I can live with them being colour coded :)
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

Barbel330 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:39 pm The holes are to make sure the mouldings are fixed in precisely the right position. You're right though, it'd be good if they weren't there.
Yeah got you mate, i suppose they are designed to protect your car but in my experience only when 'you' are using it. Sadly as experienced on my other cars they do not protect you from other people opening their doors on your car - especially 4x4's ha - i hate car parks!

Thanks for getting back to me. Also can I ask, is it possible to 'tag' people in a reply? So far the only way I ca do this is use the 'quote function' :)
Martin55
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Martin55 »

How do you remove the mouldings on a '13 plate?
horace01
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by horace01 »

As a point of reference here are a couple of pictures of my 2007 Caddy with original rub strips:

And here are are couple with a set of Touran strips fitted:
I actually prefer the original or later model Caddy ones. In hindsight I should have just smoothed and painted my original strips.
2007 Caddy 1.9 TDi 77kW BLS: R32 Wheel w/ paddle shifters : MK6 Golf GTi seats : Dynamat & carpeted : Reverse camera : Eonon GM5153 head unit : Avant Garde M220 18x8" Et 42 wheels :V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers & rear shackles Gaz rear shocks : Mapped by DNA Tuning

Link to my build: viewtopic.php?t=19058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hef355
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by hef355 »

Hi guys I fitted smoothed touran side strips to my pure grey Caddy but alternated them pitting the right side door strips to the left and vice versa so the ends sweep upwards to follow the contour of the front and rear arch ... zoom in and you can seeImage
But I completely got rid of them on my other Caddy and also the side door handleImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fran9r
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Fran9r »

@hef355
Appreciate it's an old thread, but could you tell me how you used the side loading door now it was smoothed? I presume coded to the remove button?
J100WEE
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by J100WEE »

If I was to remove the side strips , would there be any locating holes which would need filling and painting ?
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Yes there would
Instagram: @y_5cuf
J100WEE
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by J100WEE »

Cool thanks for responding . I might get them painted instead .
rical33
Caddy Fan

Post by rical33 »

Hi I’ve got a 2017 caddy where can I buy some new side mouldings I don’t know if I can get black gloss painted ones? Thanks