Potential Lowering Issues

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
horace01
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Potential Lowering Issues

Post by horace01 »

Is the sleeve open on one side? It's the tightening of the nut and bolt, causing a clamping effect that, holds the strut in place, not the bottom of the sleeve. The sleeves are only there to add the 5mm needed when fitting a 50mm strut to a vehicle that requires 55mm struts. It saves the manufacturer from having to make 2 models.

Normal 55m struts don't have a bottom to stop them sliding down.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

2007 Caddy 1.9 TDi 77kW BLS: R32 Wheel w/ paddle shifters : MK6 Golf GTi seats : Dynamat & carpeted : Reverse camera : Eonon GM5153 head unit : Avant Garde M220 18x8" Et 42 wheels :V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers & rear shackles Gaz rear shocks : Mapped by DNA Tuning

Link to my build: viewtopic.php?t=19058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dalebolan
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Re: Potential Lowering Issues

Post by dalebolan »

GermanWheels wrote: If I take the bottom off the strut could slide all the way down and hit the driveshaft as the lip that holds the bottom of the strut is quite small. I could cut off and reweld the locating tab 5mm lower. It seems like a right hassle.

How are your prosports treating you? If good I may cut and weld the tab, of average I'll return them any get something else.
My pro sports are good so far apart from the squeaky but don't think this is all down to change of suspension. Apart from the squeaks they are fine so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk