vw Pedal covers kit

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
dubber72
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

vw Pedal covers kit

Post by dubber72 »

hi all
do vw do the pedal cover kit on its own. or do you have to buy the complete pedal assembly. i have been looking but i only see kits with a new accelerator pedal.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: vw Pedal covers kit

Post by Doc »

Clutch and brake pedal or brake only on DSG models are available as covers.
The accelerator pedal is not designed to be split or separated so is only available as a complete unit.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
horace01
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by horace01 »

None genuine alternative
Stainless Steel Car Pedals for RHD VW Passat B6 B7L CC Golf MK5 MK6 Scirocco TOURAN
http://s.aliexpress.com/i6ZrYJVz

I had one of these sets. The cover for the accelerator pedal broke off after about 2 years. There are metal clips on the back that fold over and around the pedal to hold it in place.

Genuine option.
I brought a Golf MK6 alloy pedal set. For the accelerator you can remove the whole flat face of the Caddy pedal, do the same for the Golf one, swap them, then fit your original pedal with Golf face in place.

The bases of the two pedals are a different shape so swapping the whole pedal base over won't work without modifying the shape of the Golf one

2007 Caddy 1.9 TDi 77kW BLS: R32 Wheel w/ paddle shifters : MK6 Golf GTi seats : Dynamat & carpeted : Reverse camera : Eonon GM5153 head unit : Avant Garde M220 18x8" Et 42 wheels :V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers & rear shackles Gaz rear shocks : Mapped by DNA Tuning

Link to my build: viewtopic.php?t=19058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sandyson
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Sandyson »

I fitted a set of the covers yesterday on my manual. As said above the clutch and brake the rubbers can be easily removed and straight swapped. The accelerator is a cover piece and clips fairly firmly into place into the rebate on the lhs the hooks over the rhs. Not sure the accelerator will last more than a few years but for £30 delivered I won't be upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Davebass
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Davebass »

i fitted these and have had no problems : eBay item number:162195858883