Aftermarket cruise control?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
chrisdw2110
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Aftermarket cruise control?

Post by chrisdw2110 »

I havent got a Caddy yet. But I want one!

I am in the UK and looking at getting a Maxi probably 2009 to 2011 ish. The facelift would be preferable. But depends on the cost.

I have seen a couple with cruise control fitted but they demand a bit of a premium. So was looking at buying the van and getting cruise control fitted afterwards. What sort of cost am i looking at for this and any recommendations for places that do it in the UK?

Thanks!
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: Aftermarket cruise control?

Post by dan@biali »

I don't know actual costs but its not complicated from memory. Think its case of replacing the stalk and a bit of coding on vagcom. Not 100% sure whether the steering wheel slip ring needs swapping and if its module/cluster dependent (which can also be swapped) but someone will be along to confirm this!

As a ballpark there's this company offering the service. No idea if thats the going rate but at least you can tell if the premium is the same sort of price.

http://poollretrofits.com/caddy-cruise-control/
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Cruise is a relatively easy retrofit, there are plenty of people who can do this for you.
2009-2011 crosses two generations of electrical layouts so your requirements will depend on which you end up with.
You're looking at £80-120 using used genuine parts, £140-220 using new parts and a decent freelance retrofitter. Unless you go by the premium retrofitted such as the link Dan has provided, in which case be prepared to pay double the new price.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by dan@biali »

Had a look at hazzydayz and awesome gti and the numbers are about the same for those premium rate companies. As Doc says, there are quite a few people around the country that can fit this sort of stuff at a better rate.

Once you get the van (or in the meantime), come back on here, get your post count up which shouldn't take too long and then you can ask if there's anyone locally.
chrisdw2110
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by chrisdw2110 »

Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated. Certainly gives me a rough idea. and something to go on! Do a fair bit of driving down the South France so cruise is a must! Would like a Bluemotion if I can find one.

I'm probably a couple of months off getting one. I bought a cheapy Peugeot Partner about 4 years ago and it died last year. I replaced it with a Focus estate and its a nice car, but I miss the van a lot!

I was thinking of getting an ex British Gas van. Should have 6k budget. Once I've had another couple of paychecks in and I've put another 12 months MOT on the Focus.
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by RKDesigns »

Tip If you Buy a Caddy without cruise control, if you want it afterwards be aware that you take a luxery wheel slip ring if you want later on a multifunctional steeringwheel!!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Chubby
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Chubby »

Can this be done to 2006 caddy. Mines very basic. But would like a radio that can be worked with the buttons on the steering wheel. Is it possible?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Yes, it can be done.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort