Caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
harry.witney
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Caddy

Post by harry.witney »

Iv got my caddy maxed out on the front coilis, is there anyway of making it lower, i.e custom roll bar?Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy

Post by Doc »

Looks like you've bought the wrong coilovers as I'm certain I've seen people on just lowering springs who have been lower on the front.
Custom roll bar wont help much as it's only for stopping body roll and won't dictate how low you can go unless you are intent on laying your subframe on the floor to the extent that your van is immovable.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
IC44
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by IC44 »

What is the best coilover to buy for the caddy
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I believe the KW V3 inox are known to be the best quality available in caddy fitment.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by torque777 »

If coilovers don't go low enough for you then fit mk5 golf coilovers, they are shorter to start with

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I'm 99% sure most caddy coilovers are the same as that manufacturer supplies to the mk5 golf market. I can't see them making a coilovers with 10mm less adjustment specifically for a caddy just to replicate the difference in the spring seat between both. Especially since the coilover allows that to be adjusted anyway.

You only experience a difference between caddy and golf if fitting struts and springs. The golf spring seat and ARB lug are 10mm lower on the strut but all other dimensions are the same. Hence, a caddy on golf struts will automatically run that 10mm lower.