finding the right caddy how long did it take

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
dubber72
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

finding the right caddy how long did it take

Post by dubber72 »

hi all
well it took over 2 years to find the correct spec caddy that i was after. i missed out on some great vans along the way. but also seen vans that were not the best but advertised like they were. just wondering how long everybody else took to find their van and did they find the spec they wanted.
Aasmith
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: finding the right caddy how long did it take

Post by Aasmith »

Took me around a month. Really wanted a 4motion life but missed out on one recently. Iv bought a DSG maxi life 140 with reasonable amount of features and lowish miles so i'm happy.
Its my first caddy and first VW for that matter. Any things I should know?

Thanks
dubber72
Caddy Fan

Post by dubber72 »

i would get vw to do the service on the dsg gearbox it is every 40 thousand it costs £120 but if gives you peace of mind about the dsg box.
just enjoy your caddy and there is lots of information on here and lots of people willing to help if you need questions answering.
Yeti
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Yeti »

About 2 months of prevaricating, then 4 cans of tyskie and half an hour on eBay.
Sorry chaps, much as our 2k looks nice, I prefer my Mk2. ;)
bigfatolly
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by bigfatolly »

I bought the first one I looked at,it was 2 minutes from my door,I fell in love with it at first sight as it had had a load of mods done that I wanted to have done anyway,lowered on vmaxx,nice alloys,half leather re trim,remapped,and the rear fully carpeted professionally.
It also was low mileage and mint everywhere,probably the nearest I'll ever get to a new van.
The only boxes it didn't tick that I wanted were colour coded bumpers ,air con and electric windows.

I have always been an impulse buyer with cars,I know nothing about them really so it doesn't matter whether I look at one or ten :lol:
Sandyson
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Sandyson »

My previous vehicles have never taken long to find but are always from miles away! Normally arriving to me on a low loader. Vehicles always seem much cheaper up north. Funnily enough the cheapest caddy highline on auto trader was about 10mins from my door. Was very skeptical,took a good friend who is a Mecanic for skoda and he checked everything. Couldn't find a single thing wrong. Crazy clean full vw history right down to the bulbs and vw fitted new ply in the back. Turns out he needed the money for a house sale fast, one year later she's treated me well !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by torque777 »

I bought my maxi life 3 years ago, I really wanted a T5 caravelle but couldn't afford one, so while I sulked my Farther in law said what about a 7 seater caddy, I'd not even considered it, so straight on eBay I went and found this one which had some mods done and a facelift too mine had 91k and facelift 115k, I went for lower miles, rang dealer and it was a bank holiday Monday but he said a woman wanted it and was coming first thing Tuesday morning, I said I would be there with money first and I was arriving 30 mins before he opened, luckily he was allready there doing paperwork, I bought it just as she turned up, I left her and him arguing lol

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Nobeerinthefridge
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by Nobeerinthefridge »

Yeti wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:37 am About 2 months of prevaricating, then 4 cans of tyskie and half an hour on eBay.
:lol: :lol:

My type of van shopping!
Climb Mountains not so the world can see you, but so that you can see the world....
Padster
Caddy Fan

Post by Padster »

I looked at two vans then found the right one for me ex bg maxi in blue racking a/c etc had it three weeks best van I have ever had :D
Yeti
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Yeti »

Nobeerinthefridge wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:55 pm :lol: :lol:

My type of van shopping!
Followed by a train journey to Birmingham to mull over just how hard the other 2 would kick my arse if I'd bought a lemon!
Sorry chaps, much as our 2k looks nice, I prefer my Mk2. ;)
DIKKIES
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by DIKKIES »

About 3 months on deciding to buy a Caddy Maxi from a VW Polo 1.6 2011 model

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L01 using Tapatalk

Yamboy
100BHP+

Post by Yamboy »

Took me a few weeks to find a van that had most of the spec I wanted (I'd had a T5 with no electric pack or air con - it sucked) but I did have to travel from Glasgow to Cambridge to get it. Loved driving it from the second I got in, still love driving it a year later

Simon46
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Simon46 »

3 months. Fully modded not lowered from tameside van centre. Looked at sdi cheap money but wanted facelift.
2011 1.6 102ps ex BG
1. remapped to 140 egr delete hyperchips then
2. Remapped to 150 egr delete celtic tuning with EA189 update yuk
3. EA189 Reversal and remapped to 140 egr delete cause its now BROKEN after EA189 YAY
225/40/18 ps3 Santiago wheels
Roof rails sidebars colourcoded mirrors Bumpers roofspoiler
Android dab head unit with passive underseat sub
Van-x glovebox and cruise control and rear barn door interior handle fitted
Torpa
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Torpa »

It took me about 6 month looking at auktion sites to find the right Caddy with good specs like painted bumper, rain&light sensor multi steeringwheel and some more.
The only thing i didn't want was the dsg gearbox i like to shift gear myself :lol:
From Sweden
Shane1987
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Shane1987 »

About five minutes lol guy came in work said caddy is for sale but has hole in block, ok £500 later I'm the proud owner of a very broken caddy 1.9tdi 58plate