sat nav/ radio

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
1r1m1c
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

sat nav/ radio

Post by 1r1m1c »

Hi all I have been thinking of upgrading my radio in my 2011 caddy. Would a SEAT RNS315 DAB GPS fit and work ok. Would I need to buy any looms etc. Thanks in advance.
Padster
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: sat nav/ radio

Post by Padster »

Hi I've just fitted a vw one of these best to my knowledge they are the same just the start up screen is different i.e. Seat not vw
I just plugged straight in to the original quad lock harnesses that the old radio was fitted to.
You will need a gps antenna for the sat nav
If it has dab you will need a dab antenna and if you want to make call with Bluetooth (if it has it ) You will need a microphone.
This is what I am fitting this weekend to the rns 315 so I can use all of its functions.
Hope this helps :D
pritch109
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by pritch109 »

hi re there microphone how did you connect it up ? we have a toucan 2006 radio rns mfd dvd
,harness powers up etc but there inso microphone connection?
djandyk
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by djandyk »

i an struggling Image with microphone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

The microphone is two wires, it's difficult to get it wrong in fairness. Have you connected to the correct terminals on the quadlock plug?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort