Side doors.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Side doors.

Post by Celticrsmith »

Just a quick one....I've seen a lot of caddys with 2 sliding doors. I thought they just had 1 sliding door. Anyone any idea what ratio the single to double sliding doors are and what's the difference? (Obviously two doors lol) but am I missing something here, spec wise?
Yeti
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Side doors.

Post by Yeti »

Pretty sure they were an optional extra on any spec, unless there's a back seat, then they seem to have both by default. Ours has both. I don't know as I'd spend money to have an offside, but it makes a really handy step when you've got two ladders to fasten on the roof.
Sorry chaps, much as our 2k looks nice, I prefer my Mk2. ;)
dubber72
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by dubber72 »

the reason you have double door spec is so if you buy a van in europe your side door opens on the pavement side. So European caddys single side door is on the opposite side compared to a caddy from the uk. so hence there are different versions also there is the option to have double side doors. and even rarer is a caddy with no side doors which were available is europe. Reflex Auto Design have modfied a few uk spec caddys using european body sides with no side door.
Last edited by dubber72 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
d.e.hill
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by d.e.hill »

All the exBG Maxis (I have 2) seem to have double doors - invaluable in my game (Property Maintenance).
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster

Post by Celticrsmith »

Makes sense guys, thanks.

I have noticed all ex bg have the double doors. Must've been an expensive additional extra,.....an extra door please lol.
Geraout
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Geraout »

All Maxis have 2 side doors.

Optional on SWB versions.