Dab pure highway?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
n3ldv
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Dab pure highway?

Post by n3ldv »

Looking to put dab into the van but not wanting to spend silly amounts on a new double din unit and thought this might be the next best thing has any one else fitted one of these and are they any good they seem to ge getting mixed reviews on the net, any pictures of them installed would be good also
somacose
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Dab pure highway?

Post by somacose »

I have a pure 600 highway in the van and it's great, I fitted mine onto a brodit iPhone mount clip (which i trimmed down) with a length of sticky back velcro so i can pull it off to change the batteries (6 months old and still on original batteries), wired into the aux in socket in glovebox and the aerial stuck onto the windscreen, the feed for the aerial takes power from the cigarette socket as does the power for my my iPhone brodit holder - the signal is decent enough for me (i stay in rural galloway) and i've only experienced dropouts when travelling through the doon valley (up ayrshire way). All the wires are hidden behind the dash/facia area and i've got a twin usb socket 12v-5v to hardwire fit into fusebox at some point so i can free up my cig lighter socket

Very happy with mine, simple to fit and means i keep the original headhunt which i'm perfectly happy with. The iPhone feeds the vw headhunt through bluetooth and the pure highway dab uses the aux-in port, needless to say i still need to fit the A-pillar trims - they are a right pain in the arse to fit so after a few attempts i've left them off - it helps visibility when at junctions (that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it)

2013 Caddy Highline superchipped but still no match for my Mk2 Golf GTI
n3ldv
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by n3ldv »

somacose wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:00 pm I have a pure 600 highway in the van and it's great, I fitted mine onto a brodit iPhone mount clip (which i trimmed down) with a length of sticky back velcro so i can pull it off to change the batteries (6 months old and still on original batteries), wired into the aux in socket in glovebox and the aerial stuck onto the windscreen, the feed for the aerial takes power from the cigarette socket as does the power for my my iPhone brodit holder - the signal is decent enough for me (i stay in rural galloway) and i've only experienced dropouts when travelling through the doon valley (up ayrshire way). All the wires are hidden behind the dash/facia area and i've got a twin usb socket 12v-5v to hardwire fit into fusebox at some point so i can free up my cig lighter socket

Very happy with mine, simple to fit and means i keep the original headhunt which i'm perfectly happy with. The iPhone feeds the vw headhunt through bluetooth and the pure highway dab uses the aux-in port, needless to say i still need to fit the A-pillar trims - they are a right pain in the arse to fit so after a few attempts i've left them off - it helps visibility when at junctions (that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it)

Hey thanks for that it's appreciated with the pictures I think I am going to bite the bullet like your self I am happy with the radio over alll with sensors and hands free , how long did it take to install ,
somacose
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by somacose »

Prob took me an hour/ maybe two once I removed the central facia, a pillar trim and glovebox/plastic trims to hide any wires. I recommend getting a Draper trim set such as this one, makes any job on interiors so much easier, I've not bust a trim clip in years of fettling.
2013 Caddy Highline superchipped but still no match for my Mk2 Golf GTI