Caddy revs hunting when cold

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Wal
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Caddy revs hunting when cold

Post by Wal »

Hi all
I've got a 2012 1.6tdi maxi. Only recently had it. I've had it stage 1 remapped and it's driving lovely but when starting it from stone cold and trying to pull off the Revs are hunting / pulsing up and down . When idling it's not hunting. It's only when I first pull off and it goes away very quickly.

Any idea what this might be ??

Didn't drive it much before I had it mapped so can't say for sure whether the mapping has caused this or whether it might have been present before.

Cheers
Wal
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Caddy revs hunting when cold

Post by Wal »

Just a quick update on this in case anyone else encounters the issue. Took the van back to scm remaps. They put the original map back on fie me to try and the problem went away so they suspected an issue with the cold fuelling portion of the mapping. They obtained a new calibration for the level of software I had and loaded that in.
Now back up to the increased power and torque and the hunting revs issue is no more.
Result!
Have to say that the guys at scm remaps were good as gold sorting this. No arguments or excuses just keen to find out the reason and solved it .
Good to see there are still some decent people out there in the trade.