Ply lining kits - any good?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Ply lining kits - any good?

Post by Celticrsmith »

So my caddy has been 'lined' by the previous owner but it's not great. The panels have just been covered as apposed to being boxed in ie around the wheel arches so I'd like to re do it. I don't have all the time in the world to do it from scratch but I saw ply lining kits are available. My thoughts are that they'll be thin ply (3mm) but I'm ok with that as I currently can't fully open the side doors as the inner lining hits the flared wheels.

Has anyone used these off the shelf linings and if so, what are your thoughts? My caddy is just a commuter, not a work van so not too fussed about the thickness of the ply.
Glen G
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Ply lining kits - any good?

Post by Glen G »

I have mate I done mine not long ago.. Couldt be bothered trying to cut and shape etc. it's so easy to install everything is cut perfectly to size I think it took me an hour to fit the whole lot...
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Celticrsmith »

Really, only an hour?! That's great. Was any of it fiddly? Was it a good fit? And where did you get yours?

Thanks
Glen G
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Glen G »

Celticrsmith wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:30 pm Really, only an hour?! That's great. Was any of it fiddly? Was it a good fit? And where did you get yours?

Thanks
An hour mate haha not fiddly at all but little tip when your putting the screws in just mark where you want them to make sure they bite.. An you don't miss haha... Other then that simple.....

This is where I got mine
http://www.van-guard.ie