New Head Unit

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Doidgy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

New Head Unit

Post by Doidgy »

Hi, been researching for the past 2 days with no real luck but I would like to upgrade my existing unit to a DAB, Navigation and Apple CarPlay head unit.
I am getting very confused with canbus which I believe sends info to the radio which I would also like to keep.
My question: Is it possible to have all of the above with my existing wiring and if so, what make/model unit would give me what I need ? I was hoping to go for the Kenwood DNX7170DABS but I do not believe it is compatible with canbus.

UPDATE: After spending another day researching head units, I have now discovered that I have a very limited choice of radios that will actually fit let alone have the features I would like.
It seems the Kenwood DNX516DABS is the only one that has Carplay and DAB, but £999 :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caddy Maxi Match 2012
moipogi
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: New Head Unit

Post by moipogi »

Hi. I have a similar question as the OP.

I bought the adapter kit from Connect2 but it seems I lost the ability to visualize the climate control status in my head unit. The dealer I bought it from said this kit was supposed to retain the steering wheel controls and stock functions. Do I need another interface? My Caddy is the one with round foglights, which was before the 2015-2017 facelift.

Do I need the Infodapter?

moipogi
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: New Head Unit

Post by moipogi »

Sorry to add after my post but the HU in question is a Pioneer 8850BT replacing a stock RCD510. Caddys are rare in my country as opposed to the UK.