Yellow flashing coil light.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
xylem123
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Yellow flashing coil light.

Post by xylem123 »

Hi, i have a 2008 caddy sdi and the coil light is flashing yellow. I took it to the garage and they said that the fault code was for the throttle pedal, their advice was to just get a second hand one from eBay and swap it over. I did this and the problem came back after a few days(could it be 2 dodgy pedals ?) I took it back to the garage and they said the same fault was showing. The light only comes on intermittently and as it comes on I lose power temporarily but if I change gear it picks up again. I have searched through the forum but could not find anything about this problem. sometimes I can stop and start the engine and the light goes out but other times it will stay on flashing for a few days. I know it is not the glow plugs as the van starts perfect every time and I can drive it with the light flashing, just seems a little sluggish ? I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction as to what may be the problem. I have to be honest and say I don't know anything about engines etc so any help would be very appreciated. Apart from that it is a great little van :D Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Shane1987
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: Yellow flashing coil light.

Post by Shane1987 »

Hi mate it would be better if you could get the fault code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xylem123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by xylem123 »

Hi, thanks for your comments. I will try and get them off him again.
xylem123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by xylem123 »

Well, I think I have sorted it now. I took the MAF filter out of its connection by just undoing the two torx screws on the electrical plug and looked at it. Well, I have to be honest - it did not look dirty at all but as I had bought the cleaner I thought I may as well spray it ! I put it back together and it has been a few days now with no coil light flashing. Fingers crossed. :D
xylem123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by xylem123 »

Well, needless to say it came back on. The garage said again it is a fault with the pedal, which I have already changed once. If it was the pedal I would have thought it would be permanent instead of intermittent, although I am just guessing. If anyone could come up with any other suggestions I would be very grateful. I don't know if I mentioned before but when it is on I just lose some power in the lower gears and if I change up and accelerate it picks up ? I hope there are some brain boxes out there ? Thanks gain.
xylem123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by xylem123 »

Another question if I may. I cannot seem to find a second hand pedal again - so my question is would a pedal from a golf or other fit as long as it is an SDI ? Thank you. :D
Torpa
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Torpa »

Look at the number on the pedal and google it.
I dont think a Golf pedal would fit your car.
You can also look at Etka http://sv.realoem.me/
From Sweden
xylem123
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by xylem123 »

Thank you, I will take a look .PS. Your English looks good to me :D
Onedipmike88
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Onedipmike88 »

Are you sure its the accelerator pedal ? I had a issue with a audi a4 and the traction control light came on aswel. Just a quick one the problem i had with the a4 was the rain drainage channels got blocked and the bulkhead used to fill up and over flow down the bulk and the position sensor on the pedle would get wet. May be of some help common fault on the A4 and passat platform 👍