Central Locking and Electric Windows

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
bcol166703
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Central Locking and Electric Windows

Post by bcol166703 »

Hello,
I have purchased a 2007 Mk 3 SDI Caddy and found that the Passenger door would not lock. Having purchased a new modul and lock mechanism and subsequently fitted it, the central locking still does not operate on this door. I also understand that there is only 4 wires to worry about and that is RED...........+12 volts.
Brown..................................Ground or negative.
Orange/Brown......................CAN-BUS Low.
Orange/Green......................CAN-BUS High.
The interior light works when opening the door.
Previously the electric windows did not work, so I found that there were burnt out relays in the window modules. Having replaced them and resolderd some terminals that looked a bit icky, windows work fine now. By the way the name and part number of the relay is made by OMRON part number G8ND-27UR. I obtained 2 of these from an electrical supplier selling on Ebay. You do not have to pay out for the complete modules, but you will have to have some soldering skills along with a solder pump to remove the old ones. (further info please contact me)
Now back to me Central Locking, I have connected my oscilloscope to both the bus wires, but did not get any reasonable wave pattern. The Red wire was showing 12v and the Brown earth was OK. As I understand it the bus wires control both drivers and passenger doors. Anyway after testing, my Drivers door does not operate with remote. Weird. Does anybody know if I have a programming fault or something to with the Comfort Control Module, or what the problem is?
Icepick1982
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: Central Locking and Electric Windows

Post by Icepick1982 »

Hi,

It is possible that it is a programming fault. You can program the car to open all doors with the remote or you can use door select. It is possible that the programming uses door select at this moment.

You can also programm the anti hijack function so that when you drive away that automaticly all doors will lock.

The selective door option is under module 46 Comfort system. You can find more info on the ross tech wiki. On that site all the VCDS coding is explained.

Kind Regards,
Icepick1982
Kind regards,
Icepick1982