Rear sensors

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Rear sensors

Post by Celticrsmith »

I've bought a rear bumper with sensors but I shall be colour coding it. Is it ok to simply spray over them or do they need to be removed?

Also, anyone know if there is wiring in place in a pre 2010 for them to simply plug n play?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Rear sensors

Post by Doc »

If you have not got working sensors, it is highly unlikely the wiring will be in place.
The sensors should only have one layer of paint on them for them to work properly. Your painter should know how to remove the existing paint without damaging the sensors.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster

Post by Celticrsmith »

I have an ex had van which has sensors but I believe they were fitted 'aftermarketly'

I was hoping to use the existing wiring?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I doubt very much the aftermarket kit will be compatible with whichever sensors are in your bumper.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster

Post by Celticrsmith »

This isn't going well. Should've gone for a non sensored bumper and fitted a camera :cry:

Thanks doc
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster

Post by Celticrsmith »

Alternatively, is it possible to source the 'front half' of the wiring loom? Is it a seperate wire or a full on mixed loom?

The guy I got the bumper from still has the caddy he was breaking.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

You'd need the module, buzzer and associated wiring which is integrated into the vehicle main loom so not just something you can "pluck" out.

Jason Marais
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jason Marais »

So glad I've seen this post I was about to do the exact same thing!! What would you recommend doc go for a cam and just pull the cable in ?
Let's just modify it :mrgreen:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Personally I'd fit the factory sensors and the associated parts.

dipstr
200BHP+

Post by dipstr »

There is a genuine wiring loom sections on eBay. So if you already have the sensors then you shall only need the loom and control unit. Plus switching it on via vag com.

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk

Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster

Post by Celticrsmith »

Link? I have the loom from sensors but nothing to plug into.