Caddy 4 MFSW Retrofit - Help!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
owencardew
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Caddy 4 MFSW Retrofit - Help!

Post by owencardew »

Hi Gents!

Just finished the Bi-Xenon DRL LED Retrofit to my 2016 Caddy 4 today, and now itching for another challenge - Multifunctional Steering Wheel! Did a scan on VCDS and discovered I have a Midline Steering Wheel Control Module 5K0953569BB. According to the Rosstech site http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.ph ... K0-953-549 I need to change that to a Highline Module, which i can only guess would be 5K0953569BA (Need help on this!).

Second stress is the loom to the MFSW Buttons, does anyone know about this?

Lastly, since my Maxi is a DSG, i am contemplating Paddles, but the Audio-Only Model is brand new... If it was you, out of these two Steering wheels, which would you pick and why? I have Cruise Control Already with a Stalk, but it may be better to remove that and relocate it to the MFSW...

MFSW 1

MFSW 2
2016 Caddy Maxi 2.0 TDI with a variety of Mods & Retrofits including RaceChip Pro 2, 18" Alloy Wheels, Bi-Xenon Headlamps, 6C0 MFSW, OEM Electric Windows + Electric Folding Mirrors Retrofit, Composition Media Retrofit, Arteon Carbon Leather Electric Seats and Audison Audio Install.
MattMan
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Caddy 4 MFSW Retrofit - Help!

Post by MattMan »

Hi I have mk3 caddy and put the wheel with out cruise control in mine, was very simple to do. I made this thread https://www.caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31705 hope it helps.
Beaker2135
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Beaker2135 »

Sorry I can't help with the technical stuff but definitely take the paddle option if you can get it to work you'll love 'em
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by stan-the-man »

Caddy 4 is available with paddles but the wheel has to be caddy specific to work as mine is ACC option and there's no connectors fitted for paddles at the pcb board. Not sure but possibly some components are missing as well.
If you buy a wheel with paddles from different model it most likely won't work unless you have caddy buttons sourced and connections for paddles added to it.

It's a complicated retrofit as some wheels will work in caddy depending what options you want to have at the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stan-the-man
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by stan-the-man »

My caddy setupImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk