New to the Forum V-Maxx or Bilstein

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
vinylmonkey
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

New to the Forum V-Maxx or Bilstein

Post by vinylmonkey »

Hi Guys, new to the forum. Looking for a bit of advice on coilovers for my Caddy. Can anyone recommend a set? I've looked at V-maxx and Also Bilstein. Just wondering if the Bilsteins are worth almost double the V-maxx or if anyone can recommend anything different?

Thanks in advance... I'll get some pics of my new brief up soon :D
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: New to the Forum V-Maxx or Bilstein

Post by Doc »

If you are planning on using and enjoying the van then invest in decent suspension. The V-Maxx might be cheap and the warranty might make it sound attractive but I pity anyone who has to try and claim from them whenever (not if) a problem arrises.

There are several other options, your hands are not tied to V-Maxx and Bilstein. ST, KW, Eibach, Gaz, BC Racing, Koni & Spax are among the possibilities.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
vinylmonkey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by vinylmonkey »

Thanks for the reply. Cheap is not my style. I've just had a few people tell me the V-Maxx are more bang for buck.

In terms of quality and ride what would you recommend then? I've only really looked at the v-maxx and bilstein options... I'll get some pics of my van up soon!
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Bang for buck, yes, they'll give you just that.
They are perfect if you just want the look but they are far out in terms of performance.
I went for something that isn't available off the shelf so it's pointless me commenting, but there are lots of people on here who have had a variety of kits fitted and covered many miles on who can advise.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
slipperjake
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by slipperjake »

I have been very happy with my gaz suspension done around 10k miles on them nice and adjustable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vinylmonkey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by vinylmonkey »

slipperjake wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:20 am I have been very happy with my gaz suspension done around 10k miles on them nice and adjustable.

Are they quite adjustable? I'll check these out. So many options out there. Just want to get it right first time. Don't mind spending in the £1000 region if I have to!
Stephen Hewitt
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Stephen Hewitt »

Bilsteins for me on my SWB '11plate.... Ride is great.
vinylmonkey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by vinylmonkey »

Stephen Hewitt wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:53 am Bilsteins for me on my SWB '11plate.... Ride is great.
Thanks Stephen, I'm thinking of going down the same route
IC44
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by IC44 »

Has any ever used H&R if they make ones for the caddy
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Hi mate I'm using KW front coilovers on this van (that are a good 8 years old and reconditioned as new) with darkside ultra low rear shackle kit with Gaz rear dampers, you can see hiw low it is ... all on 30 profile 20" tyres and the ride is firm but great to drive! ... and the best test of all is if the Mrs complains ... but its a yes from her! V-maxx defo a no no in my opinion if you want to enjoy driving your van (ps I've hears that STX are also good and believe made by KW but cheaper) Good luck!Image

vinylmonkey
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by vinylmonkey »

hef355 wrote:Hi mate I'm using KW front coilovers on this van (that are a good 8 years old and reconditioned as new) with darkside ultra low rear shackle kit with Gaz rear dampers, you can see hiw low it is ... all on 30 profile 20" tyres and the ride is firm but great to drive! ... and the best test of all is if the Mrs complains ... but its a yes from her! V-maxx defo a no no in my opinion if you want to enjoy driving your van (ps I've hears that STX are also good and believe made by KW but cheaper) Good luck!Image

This looks awesome mate! Who did the GTI front bumper? ImageImage Thanks for your suggestion! I'll have a look at these.