Egr delete

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
DMC_caddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Egr delete

Post by DMC_caddy »

Hi guys

Having issues with my egr leaking on my 1.9tdi bls. I'm looking at egr delete kits to eliminate any further issues with it. Looking at darkside developments egr delete kit.

Have a few question if anyone could help
Has anyone used these kit and Is it something worth doing? Does the egr cooler become redundant after fitting one of these? Are there anyone other kits on the market anyone could recommend?

Many thanks
Shane1987
100BHP+

Re: Egr delete

Post by Shane1987 »

Hi mate I have one fitted also completely removed egr cooler etc, remember if you do remove it you will have engine warning light on until you have it mapped,Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DMC_caddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DMC_caddy »

Was it much of a pain to fit? Is it something you'd recommend doing?

My van has a map on it currently would I have to get it mapped again or just have the egr wiped from map?

Many thanks for reply
Shane1987
100BHP+

Post by Shane1987 »

Not to bad mate abit awkward doing the Alan bolts up but take ur time and steady hand no problem, I would definatly reccomend doing it it will save u future problems with egr and coked up manifold problems, yes you would have to have the map downloaded again and reinstalled minus egr unless you have a bespoke tuner someone who can go into map and remove it but most generic maps are locked, it will still run ok etc without changing map but you will have Eml light on with egr flow fault code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DMC_caddy
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by DMC_caddy »

Ok thanks for your help. I best get on the case and get one ordered up.

Thanks again
torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

I had issues with my egr cooler on my bls, I decided to buy two blanking plates and fit one at the egr end and the other where the cooler joins the turbo manifold, this brings on the eml and as said you need to have your map file altered, mine was mapped allready and I just got doc off here to write the egr file out and upload it to my map, this cost about £70 all in including plates, new vw metal gaskets etc, you don't need to remove everything unless you want to, the egr body on a bls flows well enough, I've noticed no difference in the way it drives or no improvement in mpg either, but one thing I found is when I removed the inlet manifold when I was doing my turbo it was as clean as it was when I did it originally

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

torque777
Hyper Poster

Post by torque777 »

The red circles is where you would place the blanks if you went this wayImage

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Caddy Dan123
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Caddy Dan123 »

Just quick one fellas does subframe etc need to be dropped to fit blanking plates?
Cultus
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Cultus »

The subframe doesn't need to be drioped to blank the egr, but you will need to jack the van up and remove the drive shaft to get access and it's cramped working for sure .
I changed the egr cooler a few months ago as the control flap started to leak at the pivot , I lasted a month a started to leak again!
Caddy Dan123
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Caddy Dan123 »

Cultus wrote:The subframe doesn't need to be drioped to blank the egr, but you will need to jack the van up and remove the drive shaft to get access and it's cramped working for sure .
I changed the egr cooler a few months ago as the control flap started to leak at the pivot , I lasted a month a started to leak again!
Thanks my man was going to get dpf gutted as well vw are ass holes man never had any of these problems until they did the recall.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SnoWhite
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by SnoWhite »

I am confused - which "recall" are you referring to - I thought the emissions cheat recall only affected 1.6 and 2.0 tdi because the earlier 1.9tdi's were built to meet a lower emission spec.
Caddy Dan123
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Caddy Dan123 »

That is correct mine is a 2012 1.6tdi
Dan79
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Dan79 »

What happens with the cooler coolant hoses if you remove the cooler
Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bionicman »

You join the coolant pipes together with a bit of suitable metal or plastic pipe. Darkside do them.
mmrauh
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by mmrauh »

Hello everyone! New to this forum, and I just purchased my first Caddy this Tuesday. I've read about EGR failures on these vans, but don't yet know much about these VW things. Should I disable my EGR system, as it seems to be possible? My van is 2011 1,6TDI CAYD

Cheers