Hello everyone

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
james400
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Hello everyone

Post by james400 »

Hi every I'm james new to the forum but had my caddy for sometime now can't wait to start chating and doing more stuff to the caddy.
I've not done much to it as of yet but with my itchy fingers no doubt it will .so far ive done q7 seats mk7 steering wheel egr delete remap and lowered it

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Hello everyone

Post by tommyzooom »

Welcome aboard James :D
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Mark2K
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Mark2K »

I was looking at Polo GTI steering wheel, did you have to do any coding to make it work?
Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bionicman »

Depends on a few things. Is it a multi function steering wheel ? Will your existing airbag fit the new steering wheel or does the new wheel come complete with the airbag ? You may also require a new or second hand wiring loom between the mfsw/airbag module which plugs into the steering wheel control module (squib), and probably a new or second hand steering wheel control module (squib) if your existing squib is not compatible. Then it will need coding in using vcds. If you are putting on a new steering wheel without the multi functions and you can use your existing airbag you should not have any problems at all. It should not even need coding in.
Mark2K
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Mark2K »

Ok lots to consider there that I didn't realise! I think it's basically a mk7 golf steering wheel. I think I may go for a MK5 gti instead for the time being and work out what's what with my current setup. Thanks for the advise appreciate it :)
james400
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by james400 »

All i did was fit the mk7 wheel and airbag plug and play the controls dont work but you can get them working by putting the airbag squiggle unit on and the steering colum control unit off a mk5 and clocks then it would work with codeing with vagcom.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk