Locking alloy wheel bolt.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
1r1m1c
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Locking alloy wheel bolt.

Post by 1r1m1c »

What a muppet. Well yesterday I spent most off the day painting my brake callipers and fitting mud flaps. Only got one side done as it was pissing with rain most of the day. So this morning I went to make a start on the other side only to realize that I couldn't find my key socket for the alloy wheel security bolt,the penny dropped that I must have forgot to remove it last night and I had went to the local off sales. So I took a walk on the route I had taken and seen it glimmering in the sunshine this morning on the side of the road. Thank Fook. Tell you what ,I have now removed all those security bolts and put back the standard ones. Lucky boy today. Anything like this happen to you guys?
james400
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: Locking alloy wheel bolt.

Post by james400 »

That was very lucky never done it myself but a few friends have and havent been as lucky as you tho to find it

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Celticrsmith »

This is me all over mate! Lucky you found it too. Get some pics up of the callipers....I'm painting mine once I can be bothered.
SnoWhite
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by SnoWhite »

Alternatively - whilst you have the paint to hand - you might want to paint just the end of the security key socket tool - just keep paint off the sides.

Unlike a plain steel bolt head - a brightly painted key will be a lot easier to spot if its still attached to the wheel.

You might also want to take a note of the security key manufacturer/code and put it some place secure (with your spare keys set) just in case ever you need it.