Instrument cluster information please

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
james400
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Instrument cluster information please

Post by james400 »

Hi all i want to put the newer mk3 cluster or mk6 golf ones into mine but are they code to the keys or are they a plug and play ? Also im sure I heard i need to check what code is on the cluster to my sure thay are compatible to my van is this right?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

claudiu2s
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Re: Instrument cluster information please

Post by claudiu2s »

They are not plug and play. You will need someone to code them in for you as the immobiliser is in the clocks.
I have genuine VCDS, VagCAN Pro, SMOK and ODIS with online server access for any of your programming needs in Hemel Hempstead/Watford area.
vcds.diagnostic@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/pg/VCDSDiagnos ... e_internal
http://vcds-diagnostic.simplesite.com/
Onedipmike88
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Onedipmike88 »

Would I be right right in thinking that vcp is used to code door modules for folding mirrors on key fob ? If so what is the general pricing for this claudiu2s and your location cheers
james400
Hyper Poster

Post by james400 »

Will any instrument clusters code up with the caddy immobiliser ?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Not just any, must be of the correct type, age, generation, software, brand, etc. etc...
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
claudiu2s
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Post by claudiu2s »

Onedipmike88 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:53 am Would I be right right in thinking that vcp is used to code door modules for folding mirrors on key fob ? If so what is the general pricing for this claudiu2s and your location cheers
Hello mate,
I don't know if allowed to post prices here. I usually use VCP to modify the Epprom in the door module to make the mirrors fold on lock and unfold on ignition but for this you need folding mirrors from factory or you can retrofit them. For pricing look on my website or message me on my facebook page. You will need to hold the lock button for 3sec and they will fold and will unfold on ignition. I ma in Hemel Hempstead/Watford.
I have genuine VCDS, VagCAN Pro, SMOK and ODIS with online server access for any of your programming needs in Hemel Hempstead/Watford area.
vcds.diagnostic@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/pg/VCDSDiagnos ... e_internal
http://vcds-diagnostic.simplesite.com/
james400
Hyper Poster

Post by james400 »

Doc wrote:Not just any, must be of the correct type, age, generation, software, brand, etc. etc...
Can I fit the Highline instrument cluster to mine .thay look so much better than the standed red desplay ones ?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Touran/Caddy highline red display is the only straight fit in a 2004-2010 Caddy.
You can fit the newer black and white display instrument cluster but it does require some additional parts and more expensive coding process.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
james400
Hyper Poster

Post by james400 »

Doc wrote:Touran/Caddy highline red display is the only straight fit in a 2004-2010 Caddy.
You can fit the newer black and white display instrument cluster but it does require some additional parts and more expensive coding process.
Ok What would i need then and ill start pricing it all up lol thanks for the help

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

For which option?
For the red display, you need a Touran or Caddy highline red display cluster.
For black & white display, you need a Touran or caddy highline black & white display cluster.

The additional parts required for the black and white cluster upgrade have been discussed in depth on the forum, I don't think we need to go through it all again, certainly not in the chat forum.

james400
Hyper Poster

Post by james400 »

Doc wrote:For which option?
For the red display, you need a Touran or Caddy highline red display cluster.
For black & white display, you need a Touran or caddy highline black & white display cluster.

The additional parts required for the black and white cluster upgrade have been discussed in depth on the forum, I don't think we need to go through it all again, certainly not in the chat forum.
Is there a link up can give me to guide me in the right direction please

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:59 pm For which option?
See HERE, HERE, HERE or HERE if it's just links you're after.

james400
Hyper Poster

Post by james400 »

Doc wrote: See HERE, HERE, HERE or HERE if it's just links you're after.
Let me put it this way i would like to put the black and white instrument cluster into my 08 reg caddy and would like to no what would be needed to do this? I would think there are many people who have posted this question befor so if there is a link to a post it would be most grateful saves me wasting people time asking the same things

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Without knowing which you wanted, it wasn't something I could give you a link to.

Anyway, I'm now away from my computer and searching on mobile isn't all that easy, so maybe someone else can give you the link to the threads in the technical section with the information on fitting this instrument cluster in a older van.

You'll need the first link I posted above if you want access to that area of the forum.

james400
Hyper Poster

Post by james400 »

Can anyone help me on this please??