1.6 injector problem

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Dazg
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

1.6 injector problem

Post by Dazg »

Is this specific to a year or is the 1.6 range please? TIA๐Ÿ‘
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: 1.6 injector problem

Post by Doc »

1.6TDI 2010-2013 tend to suffer the most from the failure of the injector electric coil. I take it this is the problem you are referring to?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Dazg
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Dazg »

Think so. Im looking at getting a caddy and was put off by how many people are having problems with injectors on the 1.6 but i didnt know whether it was year or model specific. So the 2010-2013 is the problem model ๐Ÿ‘
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

For injector electrical failure, yes.
There are other injector failures such as blockages and wear but these are less common.
If you get a caddy and your fear for the injectors, it's worth noting that VW will give a 2 year extension on engine emission related parts (injectors, EGR valve, etc.) if you have the emissions update carried out to remove the "cheat" software.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Dazg
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Dazg »

So im looking at getting a caddy maxi and if i got 2014 onwards it's less likely to get a injector problem?
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Yep.

Dazg
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Dazg »

Thqnks doc that will widen my search alot. To be honest ive been struggling to find a 2.0 maxi i like so now i can get the 1.6 version will help massively ๐Ÿ‘
dopeytree
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by dopeytree »

Doc whats your view on the software fix? I've just had one die on the motorway. Thinking of getting that one fixed and then maybe getting the emissions update for the warranty work. However other people are saying don't get this fix as it causes more issues (even if under warranty) Other option is swap them all and pay myself.
2011 1.6 TDI - ex british gas caddy maxi http://caddy2k.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30795

Mk4 rear lights, Auto headlights, Passat w8 interior leds, 18" supermetal bullets, Polo MFSW, Touran doorcards exit lights, carpet sports seats & storage bases. VanX glovebox, Audi air vents, Sirus rear seat conversion, Privacy rear windows, RCD 330 CarPlay, Speakerupgrade underseat sub, Leisure battery, 3000w inverter.
John stratton
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by John stratton »

dopeytree wrote:Doc whats your view on the software fix? I've just had one die on the motorway. Thinking of getting that one fixed and then maybe getting the emissions update for the warranty work. However other people are saying don't get this fix as it causes more issues (even if under warranty) Other option is swap them all and pay myself.
Join the Facebook group , Volkswagen Diesel Customer Forum ( emissions scandal ) group to learn about all the software fix problems people are having .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk