No radio reception

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
vwone
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

No radio reception

Post by vwone »

I have no radio reception at all the person I bought it off said it has been like this since the new screen was fitted. I can feel the ribbon at the top of the headlining but where should it go? I have looked in the left pillar and cannot see it there does the headlining need to come out? Image

Sent from my PE-TL10 using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: No radio reception

Post by Doc »

If your caddy is 2004-2010 then it should have an antenna amplifier in the area just above where you have the ribbon pulled out.
It's tough to get to, you need to drop the sun visor and the overhead storage in that corner.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
vwone
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by vwone »

Doc wrote:If your caddy is 2004-2010 then it should have an antenna amplifier in the area just above where you have the ribbon pulled out.
It's tough to get to, you need to drop the sun visor and the overhead storage in that corner.
Thanks yes it is 2010 so will have to do that. Is it easy to drop the sun visor and storage are?

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

One screw on the sun visor "hinge" and two in the grab handle. Then the storage rack should flex enough to see the amp.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
vwone
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by vwone »

Thanks will give it a go :)
vwone
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by vwone »

vwone wrote:Thanks will give it a go :)
So I have taken the lining down and this is attached but not screwed in anywhere but still no reception is there anything else it could be or is there a way to fit a new Ariel?Image

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

The module is earthed through the securing screw.
Obviously if the screw is missing then the module has no earth and this will result in poor radio reception.

vwone
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by vwone »

Doc wrote:The module is earthed through the securing screw.
Obviously if the screw is missing then the module has no earth and this will result in poor radio reception.
Thanks will try to find the mounting position and screw it in

vwone
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by vwone »

Hi I still have no radio reception, I am not sure where this should be screwed to the lead will not allow it it reach the silver hole that looks like it should go to. I tried running a lead from the hole to the unit but still no reception. On the radio test it looks like the picture below is there anything else it could be? ImageImage