New van woes... clutch and dmf cost?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Hooja
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

New van woes... clutch and dmf cost?

Post by Hooja »

Morning,
I'm starting to come to the acceptance that my new van is in need of clutch and dmf...
Low biting point and vibration through the pedal (when lightly resting foot on it) and a weird growl when the van is under load, i.e. Going up a hill or around a steep corner.
I have had a search on here but cannot fond any recent costs.
Any ideas how much for a new clutch and dmf ( not from a vw dealer) for an 08, 2.0 maxi?
I have literally just spent £325 on a cambelt, it's looking like this van is going to be a money pit :(
Cheers all
Chris017
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Re: New van woes... clutch and dmf cost?

Post by Chris017 »

I would say cheapest I could find is from Euro car parts with the online discount code or fmp pall. Those I use. Think mine cost me £320 all in for a LUK clutch and matching LUK dual mass with all the other bits it comes with from fmp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooja
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Hooja »

Cheers,
It's not a job I would want to tackle myself though, any idea what the labour would be?
Cheers
Dazg
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Dazg »

Labour should be around £250 give or take pal.
Chris017
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Chris017 »

I pay my guy £60 for that job. Best advice I could give is go to a garage and speak to a mechanic not in the office and ask them do they do hobbles on the weekend job done plus better cash price. That is what I did and the same guy does my work on a weekend.
Shop around first pall as small garages will charge way less than big garages plus they usually do a better job in my experience as I like a older mechanic not a jumped up newbie from experience, no offence just had bad experience

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hooja
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Hooja »

Thanks for the advice gents... not sounding too bad if I can get it all done circa £5-600...
I'm hoping it will hold out for a while longer... it's the grinding/growling noise under load that's freaking me out more