Caddy van bed setups?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
mrzogs
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Caddy van bed setups?

Post by mrzogs »

Really interested to see some self build bed setups in a normal Caddy (not maxi).

I'm thinking of just raising a futon in the back and then having my boards and kite surf gear stashed under neath! Simple but effective!

Do people make their own curtains for the caddy or is there a pre made product online?

Thanks.

Any pictures or thoughts please post below!
jlaamweise
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: Caddy van bed setups?

Post by jlaamweise »

Looking to do the very same myself
Edwright
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Edwright »

Van X. In stoke on trent do curtains for caddy
Lilwilly
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Lilwilly »

I've just started a camper conversion in mine. The bulkhead has to come out for anyone taller than 5ft to sleep in and the seats need to be pushed forward for enough headroom. I did have a raised solid wooden bed frame that I made in the back but it was to high up against the roof. A few cool ideas I've seen are elasticated netting beds. It kind of looks like a trampoline but it's a bed! I'll see if I've got any pictures lying around later.
Lilwilly
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Lilwilly »

Oh and I did have a spare two seater sofa bed which I ripped the folding bed structure out of and measured it for the back and theoretically it should fit according to the dimensions but I haven't tried to fit it yet. But might be worth a look
horace01
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by horace01 »

I use my van for kitesurfing trips. The bed has purposely been built high enough to store my 2 twin tips and my foilboard underneath.

The bed still pulls out to be a double when it's time to sleep. I can then fit 3 kites and my other gear under the bed too.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

2007 Caddy 1.9 TDi 77kW BLS: R32 Wheel w/ paddle shifters : MK6 Golf GTi seats : Dynamat & carpeted : Reverse camera : Eonon GM5153 head unit : Avant Garde M220 18x8" Et 42 wheels :V-Maxx Xxtreme coilovers & rear shackles Gaz rear shocks : Mapped by DNA Tuning

Link to my build: viewtopic.php?t=19058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;