Advice on bonded windows

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
shjwilliams
Caddy2k Groupie

Advice on bonded windows

Post by shjwilliams »

Hi,

I have had a look around, and I can't find any advice on where best to buy bonded window for the sliding door from. It would be for a 2011 maxi, preferably a window I can open. I've had a look around and seen some for 150, and others for 200 plus. I would be interested to hear if a any of you have a recommendation?

I would be looking to fit this myself, so a good fitting kit also.

Thanks in advance for any pointers. This forum has been really good with all my questions, really appreciate it.

Simon
Sharp Her carper
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Advice on bonded windows

Post by Sharp Her carper »

Hey Simon,

Did you have any luck finding a openable window? I'm in exactly the same boat myself right now...
Any help would be great.

Peace out
G
peely
Hyper Poster

Post by peely »

Me too , need side windows and fancy doing it myself , cheers people 👍👍
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
sleepyshrek
Caddy Fan

Post by sleepyshrek »

I had two bonded windows fitted to my sliding doors last week by a firm in Castleford. (Google van vindows in Castleford) They did a cracking job. While I was there they showed me an opening window for the offside door. £200 quid.
Hope this helps.
peely
Hyper Poster

Post by peely »

thanks mate gonna give them a shout
Golf mk6 seats,Touran rear seats,carpet,console,2017 caddy life mfsw,Audi s3air vents, passsat w8 interior light, golf mk6gttdi wheels,rear barn door spoiler , rns 510 head unit , revers camera,boarded and carpeted rear with led strip lights, mk4 rear lights .
peely
Hyper Poster

Post by peely »

ok thanks sleepyshark x2 openable windows ordered Tuesday from Castleford van glass conversions , very helpful £445 with the double fitting kit, they have phoned me twice with assistance for fitting ,excellent service ,fitting them on the weekend .
peely
Hyper Poster

Post by peely »

My window Install Imagei masked the outside of the Pannel then drilled 3 holes in each corner to get the curve through from inside where the double skin finishes and single skin starts then just drew the straight lines in from the holes on the masking tape , used a steel slitting disc on my grinder and away I went, covering the van with an old sheet as there’s a lot of sparks , I had a jigsaw with a steel blade in for trimming the corners but I think you can just cut a square out if you wish . The kit came from Castleford van glass and had a double fitting kit with it with instructions for the application of the sealer and trimming , if you need any info phone them they are really helpful . The jigsaw is a bit awkward in the corners just keep it away from the van paint it will scratch, Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
peely
Hyper Poster

Post by peely »

peely wrote:My window Install Imagei masked the outside of the Pannel then drilled 3 holes in each corner to get the curve through from inside where the double skin finishes and single skin starts then just drew the straight lines in from the holes on the masking tape , used a steel slitting disc on my grinder and away I went, covering the van with an old sheet as there’s a lot of sparks , I had a jigsaw with a steel blade in for trimming the corners but I think you can just cut a square out if you wish . The kit came from Castleford van glass and had a double fitting kit with it with instructions for the application of the sealer and trimming , if you need any info phone them they are really helpful . The jigsaw is a bit awkward in the corners just keep it away from the van paint it will scratch, Image
Just need to put interior trim on to finish

peely
Hyper Poster

Post by peely »

:roll: don't now why they gone on twice