Side rail cover

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Chris017
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Side rail cover

Post by Chris017 »

Hi all I am looking to buy a side rail cover to cover the runner but after reading the item description it doesn’t come with the bracket and I can’t find it and in need of some help if anyone knows where to get one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Side rail cover

Post by Doc »

ReflexAutoDesign supply the rail, rail cover and the custom made bracket to make up for the lack of factory bracket on your Caddy.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Chris017
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Chris017 »

Wow that’s expensive when they are only £60 on eBay. Is there anywhere you can buy just the bracket on its own

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Yep, Reflex sell the custom made bracket by itself.
If you are going to pay £60 for just the rail cover on eBay, I'll beat that price. My price is £59.
You could just go to VW, the most you'll pay without discount is £48.16.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Chris017
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Chris017 »

Honestly I didn’t even know you could get them from vw. Well I’m all up for saving money as I have loads of bits going in for pain so I thought I might as well get this same time so will be all done then. Could you point me to the rite direction

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/volk ... uine-parts

The reflex price includes the rail and rail cover, together they list at over £90 from VW.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

All the necessary part numbers are in the Useful Part Numbers thread

S8OBD
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by S8OBD »

Doc, Does the rail cover from VW come primed and ready for painting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Yes

CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CaddyShack2k »

Wow, glad I read this, I need two! They'll have to go on the back burner for a while
S8OBD
100BHP+

Post by S8OBD »

Cheers Doc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waky
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Waky »

Glad I read this, was just going to fork out £70 on eBay, I'm working next to a VW garage tomorrow too :D
A1anc
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by A1anc »

Hi. Is it plastic or metal the rail cover. Just in the middle of mąki g one out of 1.5mm stainless steel looks and fits really well in the gap but just struggling to mount it somehow.