Wrapping cost

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Simred40
Caddy2k Groupie

Wrapping cost

Post by Simred40 »

Thinking of having the caddy wrapped any recommendations and wats a ball park figure to get it done :?:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Wrapping cost

Post by Doc »

Depends on a whole number of factors.
Full wrap or print?
All door shuts done?
Vinyl quality (eBay, 3 year, 5 year)?
Textured vinyl (matte, carbon, wood)?
Location (Inverness, Central London)?
Wrappers experience (mates cousins friend, Yiannimize)?

When you take all the above into consideration, you could pay anything from £600 to £12,000
It's best to know exactly what you want and then ask wrappers in your area for a quote.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Wrapping cost

Post by Caddyluv »

If your going for an affect in your wrap like a crazy northern lights style then yeah it can get expensive. If it because your paint is looking dull I’m sure I watched on a wheeler dealers they rubbed off the top coat filled in a few stone chips then re gloss coated it. Looked like new and that was like a £1000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Caddyluv on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

Can’t bloody find it aaaahhh I know it I will keep trying. Sorry. Basically the car was dull and the filled a few stone chips and little blemishes then hand sanded it all With a 400 then 800 then 1200 then 2500. Then they buffed it with a polisher and it was gleaming.

Caddyluv
Hyper Poster

Post by Caddyluv »

Can’t find it sorry.

Simred40
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Simred40 »

No worries buddy cheers for the info :D
Whitey
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Whitey »

Of course it will depend on dealer and film used. I am a sign maker and took a course in wrapping vehicles (which wasn't cheap to begin with!)
I did a practice / home wrap on my seat leon. The material cost about £250-300 - it took me over 40 hours to do by myself. Some parts should really have been done by 2 people at least for certain areas of the car. To do nicely some parts of the vehicle need to be removed ie door handles bump strips etc. Either way i dare say its its £800 in labour (i imagine most companies use 2 guys over 20 hours). That would be as they call a kerbside wrap so not including the insides! So roughly a grand or more i reckon.

Here's what i did to my old car :)

https://www.facebook.com/djsamwhite/med ... 568&type=3
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Wrapping cost

Post by RKDesigns »

Carwrapping... a Caddy take at least 20 meters or a little more if bumpers and mirrors are color coded to cover the whole car.

I did my previous Caddy twice and other Cars as well. Give me 2 days not normal working days for wrapping, but before that the taking apart of Parts of the car which may be removed and to clean it right plus later on mount it back all loose Parts back on it... 3 days on my own and Yes Whitney is right that Both sides are better to handle with two persons the rest can be a one men job but as Well bumpers is easier with 2 persons.

I would say A brand plus hours from About £1800.-

Quicker result and cheaper vinyl Will lower the price and Will be visable afterwards in the result...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk