P2563 error code, flashing coil light

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Relentless
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

P2563 error code, flashing coil light

Post by Relentless »

having had some issues with flashing oil light intermittantly i decided to change the pressure sensor. This turned out to be a little loose, anyway changed it for the new one and re assembled the car. started it up and left it to idle, initially no problems then the flashing coil light started, did a code read and got P2563-Turbocharger Boost Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance. I first thought i had pulled off a tube from something but checked and everything is secure. I popped the tube off the actuator on the tubo and blew and sucked through it, there was flow both ways which doesn't seem right.
Anyone offer any advice? my thoughts are there might be a split in the vac hose that has opened up when i disturbed everything

Ady
Relentless
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light

Post by Relentless »

Bit of an update that might help someone in the future. I appear to have solved this issue now. It seem that when i removed the pipe and plate from the back of the engine to change the oil pressure sensor the end of the pipe on the egr cooler actuator slipped off. been under the van today and put it back on, ran it for 30 mins and no fault (normally fl;ags after 10 min) so looks good :D

Ady