Be aware Barty71 (Pro cad) Simon Barton

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Be aware Barty71 (Pro cad) Simon Barton

Post by Maxi4life »

As bad as this all has happened, there must be some reason this guy has run into trouble. It doesn't sound too likely that he would start up a car mods business in order to rip people off. It was a new venture and obviously he has had some serious cash flow problems.

I'm certainly not trying to defend him as I don't know him from adam, but it seems like this has all blown up online and we haven't heard his side of the story. We really have no idea what his intentions were or what the situation really is and it seems kind of tragic that it's all gone so wrong if he is good at this work.

Again I'm not trying to defend him, I have no idea who this person is or what has happened but there are far quicker ways to scam people if that's all he set out to do :?
RKDesigns
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by RKDesigns »

I’m also wondering why, but indeed Simon only can explain why it went like this.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
barty71
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by barty71 »

To members of this Forum.

I would like to clarify and offer my sincere apologies to those involved.

My recent actions have been totally unacceptable. I have been in financial difficulty and doing what I did was the only light at the end of the tunnel. It was wrong of me and I apologise once again for any hurt or difficulties caused as a result

I have read all the comments on the thread and I can see that my actions have regrettably impacted on other members also.

@hef355
This member had no knowledge or involvement whatsoever in my deceit. I was merely renting premises from him and used his vans for advertising purposes. He has been a loyal customer and I will be making arrangements to pay all money owed to him and other members in the next few days.

@medz (star design)
Again my apologies to you and your father. I am aware that you have done some work to hef355’s van and that my actions have involved you and your family’s reputation in this process. For clarification @medz (star design) has no connection and never has had any dealings with me, Simon Barton (barty71) or pro cad and I am sorry for any misrepresentation you have received as a result.

@shortyboy521
I again apologise to you for my actions. I regret what I did and thank you for stating on this thread that I have paid you in full.

@cammy
I have been in touch with this member to apologise and i am making arrangements to pay him back

@doc
I wish to apologise directly to you for bringing the forum into disrepute and that I regret my actions profusely. I am making arrangements with all the above forum members to make right what I have done wrong.

Finally, to all other members that have supported me on this forum and whom I have met at various times and at Tatton Park. Please accept my apologies for my wrong doing, I understand that I have lost your trust and respect and that this is now irreversible. It is my own fault and with hindsight could have been avoided.

Again my deepest apologies

Simon Barton
(Barty71)
(Procad)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jlaamweise
100BHP+

Post by jlaamweise »

Fair play. Takes a lot to put your hands up and apologise publicly like that.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

Yeah, fair play.
I'm sure we've all made mistakes in the past. It is how you deal with it that really matters.
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Aikon
100BHP+

Post by Aikon »

Not involved at all but fair play for the apology & actions underway, more than a lot of people would have done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Beaker2135
Hyper Poster

Post by Beaker2135 »

Takes courage to do that Simon. I hope you get your life sorted out and can put this behind you. Good luck
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is
Medz
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Medz »

Hi Simon, thank you for making this statement and for your effort in making things right. I agree, it certainly does take courage to admit ones errors and I hope things fall into place for you moving forward ...

Maxi4life
Hyper Poster

Post by Maxi4life »

Ditto, it takes some balls to do that and not just run away and hide forever.
I think that it shows the true character of a person to be so open about things and hopefully he can begin to build a trusted business from here on.

It's always going to be a good thing to have people who can offer these services as they are quite rare, and with the internet it's so easy to get a bad rap/rep. You learn much more valuable lessons when you make mistakes and are willing to try and correct them and not runaway.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Shortyboy521
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Shortyboy521 »

Thanks Simon, it's easy to make poor decisions when in desperate situations but you did the right thing in the end so no hard feelings and I hope you get yourself back on track
hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Apologies for not responding sooner to this thread. For those who have come to know me well on here will know that my profession is psychiatry but I have sadly been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from dealing with horrific cases in the line of duty. Hence, I jave been unable to work since mid 2015 and may not work again.

This forum has and its members have indeed been my lifeline and frankly my only contact with the outside world having socially isolated myself due to the effects of this debilitating illness.

Being a Caddy enthusiast and meeting some fine people who I now call close friends has indeed been a comfort to me and my family.

It was with great sadness therefore when news broke that a long standing friend and someone I trusted and respected did this. As my vans had been modified by Simon and he advertised his services using my vans in the process it prompted a serious deterioration in my mental state. Sadly to the point where I have been unable to find it within me to respond until now.

My honesty, integrity and professionalism in psychiatry as well as my pride and and enthusiasm to help others in my personal life has taken a blow with what has happened! I trusted Simon implicitly and without question as a friend and his top standard of work on all my vehicles over many years. This has been a total shock, resulting sadly in the loss of a friend and any suspicion of my implication of any involvement in any of this due my recommendations of hid work and the advertising pf my vans, which he had my blessing for.

I managed at long last to make contact with Simon, who admitted his wrong doing and regretted his choice to do this. I suggested he paid everyone he had taken money from and that he could pay at the end when

hef355
Hyper Poster

Post by hef355 »

Sorry pressed send by mistake

Everyone he had taken money from and pay me at the end. My understanding is that he has paid the majority but some, including me continue to wait.

It is my view that this forum and its members are a rare number of people in our society that have the ability to forgive. This is a sign of true humanity and the recognition that there is some good in everyone despite their mistakes and not so good choices in life. I commend some of the members in this thread for their ability to forgive and even under such dire circumstances. It highlights that not all people in society are unforgiving and judgemental and I applaud some of the comments made on this thread and the ability of some members to forgive. Its something I struggle with but feel blessed to read such sincerely and goodwill to others who jave lost their way. Trading these messages has inspired me to make an effort to forgive and fond it in me to recognise there is a reason to all negativity.

I am truly inspired by these comments and all the messages I have received from sympathetic members about whats happened. Although we cannot be friends again which saddens me terribly, I am humbled by the manner that some members jave responded with such forgiveness.

It is only as a result of all the lovely messages received that I have been able to write this and recover a little from the onset of this incident. You know who you are and thank you for helping me recover and regain some of the respect and pride I once felt as a member of this forum.

Thank you therefore for your support and for your encouragement to maintain my membership of this team which I enjoy so much!

Apologies again for the unavoidable delayed response with the hope that you all have a lovely and well deserved Xmas break!

Wishing you all also a healthy 2018 with love and peace as our focus.

Thank you and God bless!

Hefin

Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Nice words Hef.

Have a great Christmas mate. I hope you continue to feel better going into 2018.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CaddyShack2k »

Hefin, to say all this whilst still out of pocket, you are the bigger man my friend, good on you mate and all the best
Mk2kompressor
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Mk2kompressor »

Nice words Hef, I too suffer with ptsd so kind of understand how hard you must of been hit by this.
Keep pulling through mate

2.Slow