Dreaded DPF light - help!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Jezzaroo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Dreaded DPF light - help!

Post by Jezzaroo »

Sorry, I know this has been discussed loads of times before, but due to being a new member I can’t check the whole forum....yet!

My 2011 ex Bgas 1.6tdi maxi had the DPF light show up last night, just as I was parking up. First thing this morning I’ve taken it for a run up and down the A27 several times following the VW instructions...above 40mph in 4th. Unfortunately, after 45 mins of consistant driving, even a run at 60 in 4th, the light remains on.

I’ve only had it for a week, only done a couple of short trips and 2 300 milers on the motorway this week.

What should I do next? Anyone know someone in Portsmouth area who can help? I’m due to go on tour this Wednesday with a band in it for a few weeks, so it’s fairly urgent!

Cheers in advance.
LeeH
200BHP+

Re: Dreaded DPF light - help!

Post by LeeH »

Cheapest solution will be to get it knocked out and disabled. Do the same with the EGR.

Have a google for somewhere local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2011 2.0 GT Bluemotion Tech DSG in Candy White
2012 1.6 Highline Bluemotion Tech Caddy in Indium Grey
LeeH
200BHP+

Post by LeeH »

http://www.portsmouthecuremapping.co.uk ... kit-diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
2011 2.0 GT Bluemotion Tech DSG in Candy White
2012 1.6 Highline Bluemotion Tech Caddy in Indium Grey
Jezzaroo
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jezzaroo »

Just to update the thread and to help anyone else in the same situation.

I finally managed to get it booked in to the good people at JKM in portsmouth (amazing service, great value and knowledge) and after a day of them trying to do forced and normal regen's and checking the sensors etc they still couldn't get the DPF to regenerate. They started to dig a little deeper and queried the ECU to see if there was an under lying fault.

Turns out, who ever re-mapped the van before I had it, added a line of code that stop the engine from regenerating the DPF. They couldn't work out why it was there, so they modified and took it for a spin and it started the re-gen cycle.

Moral of the story, never trust a re-map unless you know the source!