Buying new with a windows question

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Willyrover
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Buying new with a windows question

Post by Willyrover »

Hi all
I have been lurking on here for a while with the view to purchasing a caddy van.
There are some great posts on here about mods and stuff.
I am almost at the point of committing on the new MY18 Maxi Van (TDI) but I have a sticking point.
Im not sure whether to get the window package for all sides etc or stay with closed in.
Im concerned about my vision as I normally look over my left shoulder before overtaking etc.
Maybe you get used to just using mirrors but I would like some feedback.
I have opted for the tailgate package as I am adding the rear camera option.

If anyone has some feedback on their experience, I would appreciate it.

Regards
Derek
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Buying new with a windows question

Post by CaddyShack2k »

One of the things that struck me about my Caddy was how good the mirrors were, they're almost identical to Transporter mirrors and give lots of clear vision, you can always add a blind spot mirror for extra piece of mind. If you're not putting seats in the back of your van what's the point of Windows?
Willyrover
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (83bhp)

Re: Buying new with a windows question

Post by Willyrover »

Thanks for the reply Caddyshack2K.
The van I use at my work location is a Hyundai Iload and I have a huge blind spot with it.
I am getting used to it but have found when I was in a 45 degree parking not long ago, I couldnt use mirrors or see out back of van.
Im leaning towards the no windows option as I would like to add shelves of some sort for getting the shopping or whatever.
Just thought I would ask in case experienced caddy owners regretted one way or the other.
Thanks again.

Willyrover (Derek)