Limp Mode & Starting Problems

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
VWDrummer
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Limp Mode & Starting Problems

Post by VWDrummer »

Hi guys

Im having problems with my 2011 Caddy 1.6 TDI - The van randomly starts to throw the flashing glow plug light and goes into limp mode and then takes about 2/3 attempts at cranking to start back up and drives in limp mode with EML on. If I leave it for a couple of hours parked up, it will then randomly start perfectly fine (if the glow plug light is not flashing) and the codes disappear when I scan it with VAGCOM.

I have changed the camshaft sensor, acceleration pedal and done the timing belt (this was out) but still having problems - After doing the timing and changing the sensor it was okay for a week with no codes and then it started doing the same again.

Vagcom has thrown these codes (when the glow plug light starts to flash) -

7286 , TURBO CHARGER BOOST CONTROL POSITION CIRCUIT P2563
7301, THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR G69 PO122
7344, EGR SENSOR 2 P0408
7441, TURBO CHARGER BOOST CONTROL POSITION SENSOR P2564
6033, CAMSHAFT POSTION SENSOR G40 P0340
6039, CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR G40 P0341
10131, FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR G247 PO193

could it be the ECU playing up?

Appreciate your help in advance guys.

Thanks

Indy
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Limp Mode & Starting Problems

Post by CaddyShack2k »

Does it have a MAF sensor, this caused similar problems for me on a Vivaro
Paul79
Caddy Fan

Post by Paul79 »

No sure if this will help but I had similar problem with my 06 1.9 tdi bls caddy was chaffed wiring loom due to loom conduct rubbing thro at various points not sure if that's an issue with newer caddys. A good local auto electrion sorted it cost around 300 quid for him to rewire and clear all faults I honestly thot my van was scrap because was doing same but started to cut out after a while on limp mode.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

VWDrummer
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by VWDrummer »

Hi guys, thanks for your replies and sorry for the delay in responding.

Ive got the van back from my local garage and they are assuming the ECU is playing up...they said that it may mean that the sensors are not getting enough earth so have cleaned out the earthing points. They've kept the van for 1 week and said no fault codes have come back since doing that...

Ive driven it around for the last few days, have done about 250miles but no fault have occurred and no flashing glow plug light - hopefully it is fixed or possible have to be new ecu if they come back....

Thanks again guys...