Urgent help needed!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Urgent help needed!

Post by Ghost-rider »

Hiya lads, i could do with some help or advice urgently if possible, iv got a 2.0tdi cr caddy which i did a fuel filter change on today, basically i didnt know that the fuel filter couldnt be changed without the use of vcds or the like to prime the fuel filter after, now iv got me van half out the garage, need me van for tomorow and the fookin thing wont start!, has anyone got any advice on how i can get it started or is anyone local to me(stourbridge/west midlands) with vcds etc. Who for a drink would be prepared to get my ass out of the shit on a sunday afternoon please???

Urgently waiting

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Urgent help needed!

Post by Barbel330 »

Try turning the ignition on (not turning the engine over) for 5 seconds, then off for a few minutes. Do that a dozen or so times and it should start.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster

Post by Ghost-rider »

Barbel330 wrote:Try turning the ignition on (not turning the engine over) for 5 seconds, then off for a few minutes. Do that a dozen or so times and it should start.
Thats what i thought would be the procedure, but it appears that on the 2.0tdi cr engine turning the ignition on an off doesnt fire up the pump in the fuel tank like it does say on the older pd engine

Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster

Post by Ghost-rider »

Panic over lads iv got a foxwell nt550 diagnostic tool, after much persiverence i managed to work out i could opperate all the fuel pumps off the tool, which in turn bled the system, what a fookin ball ache, all happy again now