Wont start big problem

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Matthewhalley88
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Wont start big problem

Post by Matthewhalley88 »

Am new to forums but am stuck and sick of scratching my head, just bought an ex british gas caddy 61 reg, just this morning taken out the shelving in the back, went to start the van, the ignition comes on but when turning the key for the starter motor nothing happens, all the fuses are okay, there is no indication of an immobiliser error, and the battery is fully charged, dont know what ells to check, any idears would be appreciated
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Wont start big problem

Post by Doc »

Have you checked the fuses behind the glove box? BG vans have extra fuses in there for the extras added when the back is kitted out, maybe something in there is blocking the start.
Possibly the battery isolator too, if you've have lights on while removing the racking the battery voltage might have dropped enough to knock it off.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort