What made you want a caddy?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: What made you want a caddy?

Post by CaddyShack2k »

The unstressed panels of the short wheelbase just make it jaw dropping, the stressed panels of the lwb spoil it for me
Locust
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Locust »

I have a nice car that I drive in the summer that I put away for the winter, so the Caddy is the perfect complement.
I used to drive one for work about 7 years ago and I missed it ever since and I'm looking forward to modifying this one.
2008 Caddy 2,0 TDI Carrera Cup Edition
2007 Caddy 1,9 TDI DSG
christodoulou
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by christodoulou »

Needed a van for work. And ofcourse it had to be something German. And the caddy to my eye is the best looking van.. highly modifiable and tuneable.
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster

Post by CaddyShack2k »

image.jpeg
Technically it's Polish
Like this
By the way, that in the bottom left corner of the photo isn't the model, it's the price :lol:
BB13
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by BB13 »

could not fit my fishing rods and equipment in the back of hot hatches any more lol so had to upsize to a caddy. :)
TDean122
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by TDean122 »

always love to have something different thang everyone so when I first passed my test everyone was buying corsas and fiestas I seen a mk2 caddy pop up 1.9tdi was cheaper to insure than any other 1.9tdi and it looked different :lol: after owning that and constantly fixing it decided I needed something more reliable but was still impressed with the mk2 and made me want the mk3 and a maxi more specifically to fit bikes in the back as again I love buying random unreliable bikes :lol: had mine 2 years now and not regretted it
Kreutz
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CNG (107bhp)

Post by Kreutz »

Work as a courier, customer demand that we drive with CNG biogas, and only other option for small van is Fiat Doblo and certainly wouldn't want to drive that :lol: Always fancied the Caddy before I got it though, used to drive Ford Transit Connect which is a good work van but no way near as good ride and horrible looks in comparison. Love that Caddy comes with many options for a van, like bi-xenon, etc.
Geebs
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Geebs »

Pretty much the same reasons as yersel Watty. As I'm miles away from the proper MTB'ing areas such as up near you, needed something to get the head doon in after a long day in the saddle. Looked at other options, but is bonkers money for old bog standard Ford Connects etc, so paid a bit extra for the Caddy, and got one already done. Looks the bees knees, and drives as good as most cars. Lowered uprated suspension means it's a hoot round the country roads when the adrenaline is still pumping after a blast on the bike. Had planned to upgrade more, but got my mid-life crisis Focus ST modded to the max which has hoovered up the spare cash.... :mrgreen:
watty1998
100BHP+

Post by watty1998 »

Geebs wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:35 am Pretty much the same reasons as yersel Watty. As I'm miles away from the proper MTB'ing areas such as up near you, needed something to get the head doon in after a long day in the saddle. Looked at other options, but is bonkers money for old bog standard Ford Connects etc, so paid a bit extra for the Caddy, and got one already done. Looks the bees knees, and drives as good as most cars. Lowered uprated suspension means it's a hoot round the country roads when the adrenaline is still pumping after a blast on the bike. Had planned to upgrade more, but got my mid-life crisis Focus ST modded to the max which has hoovered up the spare cash.... :mrgreen:
That sounds brilliant Geebs 😂, I think anyone who’s bought a maxi is purely because they go MTB’ing by the sounds of it! You got any pics??
Geebs
Caddy Fan

Post by Geebs »

Ha Ha, aye, but am the worlds worst technophobe. The clue was in the 'mid-life' bit, wouldn't have a clue where to start. I run a huge oat milling plant all controlled by computers, but when it comes to all this uploading nonsense, forget it..... :roll: Best move I ever made regards the MTB's. Get the Nukeproof in one side for a couple laps at Laggan, and the Spesh cross country in the other side for a bit of scenic touring afterwards.
watty1998
100BHP+

Post by watty1998 »

Geebs wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:29 pm Ha Ha, aye, but am the worlds worst technophobe. The clue was in the 'mid-life' bit, wouldn't have a clue where to start. I run a huge oat milling plant all controlled by computers, but when it comes to all this uploading nonsense, forget it..... :roll: Best move I ever made regards the MTB's. Get the Nukeproof in one side for a couple laps at Laggan, and the Spesh cross country in the other side for a bit of scenic touring afterwards.
you fairly local to laggan then Geebs where abouts you from?! we'll have to smash some tracks if youre local!
TonyC
100BHP+

Post by TonyC »

T5's are too expensive so the caddy was the next best thing on my list. Came to the crunch after years of wanting either that i needed a new van for work ASAP and wanted a decent one that could also be my everyday vehicle rather than having a crap van that i didn't even really want.
Yeti
200BHP+

Post by Yeti »

The leased berlingo we took on before I joined the company was due to go back. I wasn't having us spending that sort of money again on a van that doesn't do many miles, so I said we're just buying a cheap van.

I wanted another mk2 caddy (I've always had vws and use a mk2 as my daily), but the other two guys said it's got to look tidy and be able to carry the big ladders. I suggested a vivaro, but they wanted something smaller.

Now here's the problem, no modern vans are really that reliable, so I chose a 1.9tdi caddy because at least I'm familiar with working on vw's.

Then we got lucky finding a decent looking one at a very good price.

Now I've just got to convince them to keep it!
Sorry chaps, much as our 2k looks nice, I prefer my Mk2. ;)
Geebs
Caddy Fan

Post by Geebs »

watty1998 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:54 pm you fairly local to laggan then Geebs where abouts you from?! we'll have to smash some tracks if youre local!
Ha, not exactly mate. I'm actually down in Fife, but drive up your way regular from April thru October for the biking. Plan on doing more over-nighters up there this year so you never know who you might bump into...........
Squiznick
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Squiznick »

Vw vans just look better to start with
T5 was too big for what I need it for
Had a Golf GTD 14reg as company car, bought my dads corrado, and had a vw nettle and owning and driving a vw is a classless privilege among fellow fans
Was tempted to get a A4 avant, but went for a caddy
If all goes well will be keeping my black caddy for a lot longer than I would a car
With a bit of decent organisation it will be spot on for a day (kite)surf bus with option to sleep in with my gear inside and could always pack a bike in there too as another option
Also getting 60+ mpg on my commute and lorries let you in, though it BMW did vans I may have gone that way