What made you want a caddy?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
swbjackson
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Re: What made you want a caddy?

Post by swbjackson »

I wanted a dog van (commonly referred to as the dogging van) with a better towing capacity than the Kangoo I had. The caddy has the best towing capacity of all the small vans I looked at.
Caddy bridge
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Caddy bridge »

Because my transit connect is pretty flat performance wise to drive and they tend to rust-caddys seem well made ,pull well and hold there value!
CaddyCarlo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by CaddyCarlo »

I bought mine as a work van, I just liked the look of them and wanted the trusty vw badge, now i've completely fallen in love with it and caught the bug, from work van to soon to be money pit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
adrianglasgow
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by adrianglasgow »

In my case its mostly the caddy itself that made me want one lol. And the fact that I hate fords and didn't want a French van caddy is the only good option.
gibbs812
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by gibbs812 »

gramin wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:43 am Similar story to mine. I am in Australia and took delivery of the Australian version of Caddy Life Maxi Comfortline in December 2017 so it is MY18.
Since then we have had it lowered by 70mm with a KW kit and installed a remote control Pneumatic tail gate and a BRUNO brand "JOEY LIFT".
The lift is operated by a cord attached remote control. It rolls out of the back of the Caddy then lowers to the ground and just drive the scooter on parallel to the back of the vehicle. Then we just hold another button and the "Joey" raises the scooter and pulls it into the Caddy then we just use the key fob remote to close the tailgate.
Our scooter is shorter than the width of the inside of the Caddy.
With the mass (weight) of the scooter,Joey and pnuematic door closer we had to use both springs each side at the back not just one as recommended.
There is several U-tube clips on line of the Joey Lift and even at least one with it fitted into a Caddy.
Also in the UK there is available electronic tailgate openers instead of pneumatic.
I would also recommend an air suspension conversion if your budget can stretch that far (mine couldn't) it would have cost me $18000 Au. :(
I have tried several companies for the electronic tailgate conversion but no body wants to do it on an older car, I even contacted the company that did the original conversion and they didn't want to know.
kbcaddy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by kbcaddy »

Like the looks, and I've maintained my missus Touran last few years, so got to know my way around these VW's now. Also like how you can swap out parts for the Touran (especially interior) to tart them up fairly easily and cheaply

Plus I don't like Fords and french cars suck!!
Susana willis
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Susana willis »

I wanted a reliable car, with wheelchair access. I thought that VW was a good brand and it was right for wheelchair.I bought the new Caddy maxi in 2012, it has now 48000 km.
In 2017 I had a break down, in the motorway, with the disabled person inside. The highway patrol had to DRAG the car off the main road, with the disabled person inside, which was very dangerous. NRMA, tow truck and a disabled taxi came after 3 hours. It was a fuel injector which cost me nearly $1500 to fix.
A few months later, the same problem ANOTHER FUEL INJECTOR AND $1500 to be fixed.
7 months later, same problem. Same injector. This time I contacted the original dealer who was going to try to get VW to pay for the replacement of those 4 faulty injectors, but VW didn’t want to take responsibility because of the age of the car (6 years and 48000km) The car is absolutely unreliable.. It was bought for a disabled person who is afraid to use It risking another breakdown with the dangers involved.
I’m waiting for advice from fair trading as there are many people with the same problem. The injectors are faulty and I heard that the new ones are better. I think that all cars should be recalled and fixed. The car is very dangerous to drive
The polisher
200BHP+

Post by The polisher »

For me it was ideal size for work ,also i love vw,s but its the shape i love abd its screaming to be modded without looking to glarry :D :D
Touran seats, Touran Console, Touran carpets, Touran Door cards, Spoiler, German Plates, RCD 330, carpeted and insulated, TDI Mats, Stance lowering Kit, VW Mk6 Steering wheel, T6 Steelies, Bargain Sunvisor, Bragan Roof Rails,Touran mirrors
Instagram:HG_Metal_Polishing_13
Facebook: HG Metal Polishing
www.hgmetalpolishing.com
Ireland :shock:
GYCADDY
Caddy Fan

Post by GYCADDY »

For me its the fact that there is no other small van that compares to them,
the mods you can do,the styling and generally the reliabilty apart from the 2012-14 injector issue.
wouldnt drive any other van!!
waterboyrob
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by waterboyrob »

Comfort as close to a Golf without the feel of van height wise.

And the space in the Maxi is awesome.
adels69
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by adels69 »

My T5 was too big and expensive and my Octavia estate just doesn't have the roof height for the mountain bikes. Plus the Caddy can take a short SUP strapped above passengers heads inside the vehicle so no wind resistance/concerns on long journeys :D
caddywupz
200BHP+

Post by caddywupz »

Originally always liked vws, and saw a 1.6tdi lwb small van that I could lie down in as a small camper. Saw some ideas online so decided to go for one. Not until after I bought one I heard about the injection problems on the 1.6, to then have one go on me 3 months later. Still love my caddy though.
Photographer & Caddy Conversion-er
Instagram Photos: neil_irwin
Instagram Caddy: caddywupz
Pepsi
Hyper Poster

Post by Pepsi »

Needed a van for work and the mini just wasn’t big enough. After looking around only a caddy jumped out to me.
Never liked the transit connect and didn’t want a French van.
So caddy it had to be. Love it and never looked back. Plus it’s metallic blue not white or BG Blue.
CaddycamperR
Caddy Fan

Post by CaddycamperR »

Me and my girlfriend have just got back into Mountain Biking and we both love camping. We have talked about doing some travelling and wanted to combine the lot.
The Caddy was the best option, can convert into a camper, can lug the bikes around, good on fuel an reliable (watch one of my injectors go now! :lol: ) and by far the best looking van on sale at reasonable prices.
After looking at the vans on this site it was a no brainier to buy one. With some simple mods you have a refined van that has the drivability of a car and the space of a van coupled with good looks. What more could you want?