Electrical dramas

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
healthglo
Caddy2k Groupie

Electrical dramas

Post by healthglo »

Hi, I have just got a 2006 bse 1.6 petrol caddy life and it seems to have dramas. when it rained lots of electrical issues and battery drain due to blower going, lights flashing etc. I stopped this by pulling and placing back the main relay 458.
The car also has o2 sensor issues ( linear o2 b1s1 pump trim circuit intermittent?) and something about the imobiliser.
I did notice water accumulating behind the plenum thingy- scuttle try or what ever it is called. The drain were very blocked up and water and leaf and organic matter was sitting on a spot all this cords go through to the engine compartment.
I have no idea where the ECM is but thought that black thing the cords plug into might be it. Since it stopped raining the issues have subsided except the check engine light being on and some surging/ jerking a little at times when reducing gears ( No it is not my technique). sometimes the engine shakes but mostly it is ok.
The car is only new to me and was fine until it rained for a week straight.
I note one of the engine compartment 40amp fuses that runs the secondary air pump relay does not have power when eh engine off or on ( although that may be how it is meant to be?) . I changed the relay but it has done nothing.
so I am wonder what next? took to garage and they have no idea. I think ECM does not have a good ground but I have no idea how to check that and where the ground cable is.
Any tips appreciated.