Caution buying from HEADLIGHTRETROFIT LTD.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Caution buying from HEADLIGHTRETROFIT LTD.

Post by Caddyluv »

So this week I bought some lights from

HEADLIGHTRETROFITS LTD
Custom Headlight Upgrade
Unit E
Meadowside Street
Renfrew
Nr Glasgow
PA4 8SY

WWW.HEADLIGHTRETROFIT.ORG.UK

So after i came back after leaving him for 4 hours I came back and he told me that the rear reverse light was blown. So we had a look it was working fine. Took the light apart took the bulb out and it then showed there was two bulbs faulty.

Basically for the time I left him to the time I arrived back he had messed up the coding for the rear passenger lights. After speaking with doc he advised me the correct code in able for the guy to get me the history of what he had done, but he wasn’t willing to help which we assume he has a fake vcds. I wasn’t happy and showed it. He tried to fix it but he could have been there for a year and wouldn’t have solved it. It had taken me 8.30 hours to drive there I left at 12.30 in the morning so I just wanted to get home. So with him saying it’s a easy fix just give it to vw they will do it under warranty. So I left. But having a long drive home I was thinking. I’ve done custom lights and carpet with LEDs. No way are vw going to do it under warranty. After speaking with doc I then realised that it’s going to be serious and possibly costly.

So I contacted them via email and he basically was saying it’s a fault in my ecu and it’s my fault and he isn’t going to help with the cost of getting it repaired.

So I thought I would give you all a warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phil
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Re: Caution buying from HEADLIGHTRETROFIT LTD.

Post by phil »

this is why i always go OEM, and why i wire things myself (appreciate not everyone is as willing to do this). sorry to hear youve had a bad experience bud but hopefully Doc can sort you out as theres quite a few who do a good service out there.

guy seems like a sparky let loose with a heatgun, hope the damage aint too bad
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

Phil thanks mate, just wanted some cool lights for when I go to shows. I’m sure it will be sorted.

CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CaddyShack2k »

I wouldn't drive eight and a half hours to have Carmen Electra slap me junk around let alone have me headlights made cool :lol:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

Just for the benefit of guest users and members without access to the full thread discussion on this, the headlights guy had been offered the lifeline of me correcting his mistake, all I asked for was his VCDS coding log. He refused to supply the coding log, which VCDS saves automatically, stating that he first couldn't find it and secondly that he didn't save it (which is automatically done in VCDS).
Further to this, he pretty much gave Caddyluv a two finger salute by suggesting the problem was now nothing to do with him and a bug with the van which Caddyluv should pay VW to resolve.
I have no proof but I suspect the mistake was in making a change to the lighting profile coding of Caddyluv's Caddy4, which VCDS warns users not to change, from the original Caddy4 profile to that of a 2010-2015 Caddy.
If the headlights guy had assisted in any way rather than offer nothing but a "not my problem" attitude, this would have been sorted out and there would be no need for airing dirty laundry on a public forum. He has left little option on this as Caddyluv has chosen to warn others and hopefully prevent another screw-up and the associated headache.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
tommyzooom
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by tommyzooom »

Do you have a profile from a caddy4 Doc?
Or can we organise someone with a "4" who'd like to offer to help out?
My Website
My Instagram

""Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy"" André 3000 (2003) ;)
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

All I can offer is a custom EEPROM edit as the Byte18 coding for the Caddy4 isn't documented that I can find.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Sportvan
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Sportvan »

I have a 2017 Caddy with factory bixenon is there anything that can be used from mine?

Current Caddy Commerce Pro SWB 120 DSG in Fortana Red

Previous: Caddy Highline SWB 150 DSG in Indium Grey
Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

If you have VCDS, maybe you can check if the [09] Central electrics byte 18 is available?
It might be showing "00" in which case it is masked, this is something VW have been doing since 2009 to try and complicate the use of used parts.

Maxi4life
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Maxi4life »

One way to self destruct your business i suppose. Wow what a shocking attitude.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sportvan
200BHP+

Post by Sportvan »

Doc wrote:If you have VCDS, maybe you can check if the [09] Central electrics byte 18 is available?
It might be showing "00" in which case it is masked, this is something VW have been doing since 2009 to try and complicate the use of used parts.

Last time I looked I think it is.

I will try later and see.

Current Caddy Commerce Pro SWB 120 DSG in Fortana Red

Previous: Caddy Highline SWB 150 DSG in Indium Grey
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CaddyShack2k »

Doc wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:24 pm
This is absolutely diabolical, so apart from fiddling the emissions and further poisoning the planet, VW are dead against recycling aswell?! Shouldn't really expect anything less from a company started by the Nazi's
Barbel330
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Barbel330 »

From Scottish headlight Cowboys to nazi's in a few posts :lol: :lol: :lol:
Instagram: @y_5cuf
Gaj69
200BHP+

Post by Gaj69 »

Was considering having these fitted but will give it a miss now, hope you have got it all sorted out mate.

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

I think, if you research it, the company Barbel330 used have a much better reputation.
At least on this forum.