Wiper arms

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Austins
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Wiper arms

Post by Austins »

Hi guys n girls got a prob with the wiper arms on the caddy the lower part seems to be hitting the screen, the previous owner has tie wrapped some rubber round them to stop them damaging the screen, any ideas where to start here on the cause of the issue

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Wiper arms

Post by Doc »

I'd check the wiper mechanism at the bottom of the windscreen. If it's not fitted properly, the shafts your arms are mounted onto, do not protrude enough to clear the screen or at an angle because the rearmost locating pin is not in position.

I've seen the mechanism put back incorrectly before, after a "retrofitter" had it out to fit coilovers.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Austins
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Wiper arms

Post by Austins »

Cheers doc it has had coil overs fitted on the front but no shackles fitted at the rear need to fitted some at some point

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk