Bkd transplant

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
VinylJunkie
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Bkd transplant

Post by VinylJunkie »

Morning all,
So my 07 bls did it’s timing belt last week,rather than fix it my missis has kindly donated her 54 plate 2.0 tdi (bkd) to the project. After I’ve had engine, gearbox, ecu, driveshaft and bits for mine, what else would you guys swap off the golf to my caddy?
Also are the steering column the same?
Thanks pd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B33fy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: Bkd transplant

Post by B33fy »

Looking to do this conversion as well, be interested also in what’s required. All the best with the conversion.
VinylJunkie
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by VinylJunkie »

B33fy wrote:Looking to do this conversion as well, be interested also in what’s required. All the best with the conversion.
Cheers B33fy, think I’ve got everything putting in new clutch,belts and water pump, I’m having the seats and bits and pieces, was thinking more struts, brakes for now, unfortunately I’m on a budget unlike some of the beauties on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
connor15
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by connor15 »

Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm actually in a similar position where I've got a mk5 golf with bkd engine, and I've recently got myself a Caddy.

I've been thinking whether its worth using the golf as a donor to do this engine swap, rather than sell it and look at getting a 1.9 TDi engine for the Caddy.

Just wondering how you go on with the swap, what difficulties there might have been or if it's a pretty simple procedure?

My main concern is not knowing exactly what needs to be swapped over and if anything extra needs to be bought or coded to make it all work.

Cheers!!
It'll be reet.