Anyone used the Direnza kit

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
JoeyLPC
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Anyone used the Direnza kit

Post by JoeyLPC »

Been doing some research on coilover kits before I buy one and came across this kit on eBay but can’t find any info on it anyone used this before? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1154654333 Direnza Coilover Kit
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Anyone used the Direnza kit

Post by Doc »

I'd be very wary of anything that comes with this in the description:
Please be aware fitting instructions are NOT included.

Please note coilovers are designed for track use only and as such may not suitable for everyday road use.

All Direnza coilover kits will require regular servicing to ensure maximum service life.

Why no instructions, have they sent another brand kit away to have it copied and not even trial fitted what they have had back? The least you'd expect is a few words on how it all goes together.

For the same price or just a few quid more will get you something that is certified for road use to save you a possible problem with your insurance company.

One size fits all, no option of different damper & spring ratings for different axle weights(manual/DSG, 1.0/1.2/1.6/1.9/2.0, SWB/Maxi)!!

Sounds like they type of kit some places will fit to help a caddy to sell but other than that I can't see the real world usage being all that good, especially on track where it's allegedly designed for.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
JoeyLPC
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Anyone used the Direnza kit

Post by JoeyLPC »

Yeah I see what your saying, cheers for the advice... I’ll stick to one of the more common kits that I’ve read more about 👍🏻