west midlands tuner

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Considine
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

west midlands tuner

Post by Considine »

Hi, am seeking help in finding a recommended tuner in the UK west midlands. Someone who carries out mods as do Darkside. Hopefully an outfit that specializes in VW. Thanks for any help.
Peter
Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Re: west midlands tuner

Post by Ghost-rider »

Considine wrote:Hi, am seeking help in finding a recommended tuner in the UK west midlands. Someone who carries out mods as do Darkside. Hopefully an outfit that specializes in VW. Thanks for any help.
Peter
Mate, im in the midlands, dont bother with anybody else, make the trip to darkside, i did, had me van for 2 days(had other stuff doneImage) and i caught the train back, well worth the hassle in my oppinion, nobody comes close, the quality of the work is second to none, and im overly paranoid about trusting me van to no oneImage, so glad i did now, u wouldnt regret itImage

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Ghost-rider on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
dizzee stuff
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by dizzee stuff »

Not used them myself but Narco in Coventry have a good reputation.
CSWMINTY
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CSWMINTY »

Narco are spot on buddy! Had mine for a couple of hours & it drives so so well! Pulls like an ox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DING-DONG
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

west midlands tuner

Post by DING-DONG »

Darkside gets my vote, I've done exactly as this, left the van with them and jumped on the train home, I've actually done it several times only because there work is exceptional.
Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Ghost-rider »

DING-DONG wrote:Darkside gets my vote, I've done exactly as this, left the van with them and jumped on the train home, I've actually done it several times only because there work is exceptional.
Iv worked in the motor trade for years and iv never come across a place like it, im a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to doing things "the right way", and as such the things iv seen/come across over the years, peoples ruff workmanship etc.Image i had quite a bit of stuff done by these guys, stuff that had me worrying a bit about getting things damaged/marked etc., i neednt of worried, what you read about em is all trueImage, i got given back a big box of bits theyd removed, and apart from the fact the jobs id had done were obvious, youd have never have known theyd worked on itImage, must of used silk gloves an spannersImage, and the lads you actually get to deal with are just spot on, i cant fault em on anythingImage

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Considine
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Considine »

Well, that's it then ! Will go the Darkside route. Many thanks for all the useful advice.
Will report on my experience in due course.
Considine
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Considine »

Well I've done it !

As per forum recommendations, I took the Darkside route. Have achieved a remarkable result and am so impressed with Darkside's operation.

Not cheap but am very happy with the result.
Afield23
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Afield23 »

Considine wrote:Well I've done it !

As per forum recommendations, I took the Darkside route. Have achieved a remarkable result and am so impressed with Darkside's operation.

Not cheap but am very happy with the result.
What did you get done mate?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Considine
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Considine »

Nothing to engine internals. Modified inlet and outlet systems plus new turbo and arb. Remapped. Resultant power up two thirds.
Harveywoo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Harveywoo »

Dub Unit in Fazely, Tamworth is very good