Front door module and lock wiring

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
B3NNB
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Front door module and lock wiring

Post by B3NNB »

Pic for attention

I’m wondering if there is a positive pulse from the door control module to the lock to tell it to unlock when the fob is pressed. I am trying to wire up a trigger wire that is only triggered when unlock is pressed. I have tried side loading door but the wire pulses twice on unlock AND on lock. I have tried footwell lights but these illuminate when the key is removed from the ignition. Wondered if there was a dedicated feed to unlock the lock from the module.

Can anyone confirm or lend a hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Front door module and lock wiring

Post by Doc »

Pic for attention, what??
Is this a thing on forums?

Have you looked into the possibility of using a CAN decoder such as might be used for alarm systems that do not have built in CAN functionality?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
B3NNB
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Front door module and lock wiring

Post by B3NNB »

Doc wrote:Pic for attention, what??
Is this a thing on forums?

Have you looked into the possibility of using a CAN decoder such as might be used for alarm systems that do not have built in CAN functionality?
I didn’t want anyone thinking that was my door module as just was one pulled off the net so people know what I am talking about.

I have seen canbus decoder but only for headunits. Can you point me in a direction for an alarm canbus decoder? Cheers Doc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk