Jacking Rear of Caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
jackmurkin
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Jacking Rear of Caddy

Post by jackmurkin »

Anyone know if the rear axle beam is strong enough to raise the Caddy (specifically a Caddy Maxi Life). Looks really tempting, but don't want to fold it as that would probably be an expensive mistake!

Got a big trolley jack, so weight, reach and height not a problem. Looks like it would be stable enough, I know when I had a Citroen ZX that it was a doddle to just raise both rear wheels by jacking on the cross member, but the axle does look a bit weaker on the Caddy.

Just to be clear, I am talking about putting the jack about where the "1" is on the parts diagram from realoem: Image

Also, anywhere obvous to raise both front wheels at the same time, or do you just jack one at a time and axle stand it? (or drive-on ramps)

Apologies if this is already covered in the technical sction, but can't see or search that at present
slipperjake
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Re: Jacking Rear of Caddy

Post by slipperjake »

I usually jack up on the rear axle beam plenty strong enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ghost-rider
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Ghost-rider »

Same ere

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jackmurkin
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by jackmurkin »

Thanks, that makes getting the back up easier then. Might work out what is groaning over bumps later
flinstone
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by flinstone »

Just don't use the provided scissor jack at the recommended jacking point (e.g.,for wheel change). Used it properly but the jack still put a nice ding in the sill :(