Speakers up front

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Torpa
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Speakers up front

Post by Torpa »

There is no mods to with the door, you have to drill a hole in the ring to route the cable thru, it shows in the picture.
I fastened the ring with 6 m5×10mm philips and nyloc nut and washers.
The rings came with the kit.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/ALPINE-LAUTSPREC ... 1886679129

No it wasn't so hard to route the wires but you need to connect the cables to the original plug and the wiring diagram is written on the stereo.
I just had some spare connectors at home so i don't know the right number on them.
If you can find some other 3,5" speakers then you don't have to modify the clip and fastening ears on them.
I bought them cause they were suppose to fit vw but maybe som older vw.
From Sweden
Torpa
100BHP+

Post by Torpa »

And when you have connected the dash speakers they will work straight away but you will get a fault code with vcds.
I don't remember if it was in the stereo or somewhere else i saw the fault code, but it's just to code the radio to 4 speaker instead for the original coding 2 speaker.
But nothing to worry about if you don't have vcds the speakers work anyway and all settings for front and rear speakers comes up in the stereo menu.
From Sweden
sausagefingers
100BHP+

Post by sausagefingers »

torque777 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:44 pm I had a phoenix gold sx component set fitted to the front of my caddy by skipton car radio, really happy with sound quality ImageImageImage

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
How much did they charge for fitting? I've been eyeing these up but don't fancy tackling them myself :oops:
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

Skipton offer a free fitting service I think? They're in the North West though so depends where you are I guess. Too far from me so I'd need to self fit.
Instagram: @y_5cuf
sausagefingers
100BHP+

Post by sausagefingers »

They're about 30-40 mins from me I think so well worth a trip if it's free fitting, will send them a message. Cheers for reply
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

I just messaged them about the Pheonix Gold set up, it's £199 and he's going to put it on thier website shortly.
sausagefingers
100BHP+

Post by sausagefingers »

Thanks, is it the one in Sowerby Bridge?
Barbel330
Hyper Poster

Post by Barbel330 »

I think so yeah
Asiangunner
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Asiangunner »

Torpa wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:32 pm I can recommend alpine sxe-2035s 8" 3way for the doors and they come with adapterrings but you have to cut away the plastic ring in the doorcard.
And in the dash i used alpine sxe-0825s 3,5" 2way to fit them you can cut away about 2-3 mm of the edge in the existing speaker hole to fit the new speaker.
I had to modify the speaker and cut away a metalclip on the side of the speaker and drilled new holes for the mounting screws.
I have seen other 3,5" speakers without the clip and better mounting ears.
I connected the dash speaker to the stereo on the rear speaker output so i can adjust the speakers front and rear.
A friend mounted 165mm jvc speakers (same size as original) the play good but compares to my van with dash and 8" door speaker it's like night and day difference in soundquality and it's a really good thud in the base in mine. All is driven by the original stereo rcd310
Well my english isn't the best, hope you can understand.
Very helpful , thanks, and your English is spot on.
Kreutz
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CNG (107bhp)

Post by Kreutz »

Torpa wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 pm And when you have connected the dash speakers they will work straight away but you will get a fault code with vcds.
I don't remember if it was in the stereo or somewhere else i saw the fault code, but it's just to code the radio to 4 speaker instead for the original coding 2 speaker.
But nothing to worry about if you don't have vcds the speakers work anyway and all settings for front and rear speakers comes up in the stereo menu.
How did you get the wires from the stereo to the dash speakers? Sorry for newbie question, never done something like this :lol:
Torpa
100BHP+

Post by Torpa »

Everyone has been a newbie at some point:)
I followed some other wires under the dash and behind the glovebox.
You can use cable ties or tesa fleece tape 51608 to fix the speaker wire to the existing wires, avoid black electrical tape they just get sticky and messy after a year or so.
You will fixit with ease:)
From Sweden
Bluebeard
200BHP+

Post by Bluebeard »

ive not long fitted some hertz 3 way components, sound is much better than standard, bass is deeper, much more mid and high end range, makes a much more well rounded out and balanced sound. still gonna go for an underseat sub though just for the extra kick on the big bass notes

ImageUntitled by Stuart McLean, on Flickr
ImageUntitled by Stuart McLean, on Flickr
still need to drill a hole in the dash for the tweeters to sit flush, but they don't rattle around
Codling893
Caddy Fan

Post by Codling893 »

What are the size speaker i need for the dadh and door please i have a 2015 model caddy. Also has anyone done the sub under the seat or put a sub anywhere else ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bluebeard
200BHP+

Post by Bluebeard »

Codling893 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:33 pm What are the size speaker i need for the dadh and door please i have a 2015 model caddy. Also has anyone done the sub under the seat or put a sub anywhere else ? Image

3” or 70mm for the dash. The doors are 6.5”
Haven’t done the underseat sub yet but will do eventually. Need to figure out how to wire it into a standard headunit. Barbel on here has one and he showed me it, really kicks out considering how small it is!
Pepsi
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Pepsi »

Bluebeard wrote: 3” or 70mm for the dash. The doors are 6.5”
Haven’t done the underseat sub yet but will do eventually. Need to figure out how to wire it into a standard headunit. Barbel on here has one and he showed me it, really kicks out considering how small it is!
Is this the same for the 06 caddy.?
And possible to get links to the speakers? All 3 if poss as the standard speakers just not cutting the mustard.

Did you buy the midrange separately? An 6.5 and tweeter as kit? Any crossovers?