1.9tdi remap advice

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Mat1989
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

1.9tdi remap advice

Post by Mat1989 »

Hi all,

I have 1.9tdi 09 with 90k I would like to remap it, some advice is needed. Would you go to Pendle performance or darkside development?? Would you carry out egr and dpf delete at the same time??

This has probably been asked loads but due to being a new member I can’t read all areas not for lack time trying lol

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watty1998
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: 1.9tdi remap advice

Post by watty1998 »

Hi Matt,
pendle get very god reviews, few mates of mine have had their vans done there and highly recommend them. as with DPF and EGR i certainly wouldnt DPF delete as from April i believe (correct me if wrong) they are checking DPFs and if they see a DPF delete it will be instant failure
Mat1989
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mat1989 »

Thanks for the reply, I’m favouring pendal rather than darkside just from reading others in here, I didn’t think you could delete the egr if you still had the dpf? I may be wrong lol
Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bionicman »

Mat1989 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:53 pm Thanks for the reply, I’m favouring pendal rather than darkside just from reading others in here, I didn’t think you could delete the egr if you still had the dpf? I may be wrong lol
My understanding of this is yes you can delete the egr if you have a dpf although it is not recommended because when you delete the egr the exhaust gases soot particles that are not recirculated through the combustion cycle due to a egr delete will be going straight through the dpf and will cause it to soot up quicker then normal and therefore a regen of the dpf will be more often which given time will shorten the life span of the dpf.
Mat1989
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mat1989 »

thanks for the advice,

Do you know if there is much difference in power with the Deletes taken place? im guessing it wouldnt be noticeable?
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CaddyShack2k »

I've heard nothing but glowing reports of Darkside, don't know much about Pendle, suppose it comes down to where you are in the country, Darkside being in Barnsley
DING-DONG
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

1.9tdi remap advice

Post by DING-DONG »

I travel 160 mile round trip to have Darkside work on my van, they are very professional and the set up there is top dollar.

I've had the following done by Darkside- egr - dpf del - remap - new dmf- new dsg clutch.

I believe new laws are coming into force in April for the dpf regarding testing particles and will be able to tell if it's deleted or collapsed, however I've also read on a mot test forum they may not be able to test our vans to give a correct reading due to the fact the rpm is restricted while stationery and within this restricted rpm they should pass the test.

Now I've not had the Vw scandal fix, I declined it, if you have had the fix does it remove the restriction and rev freely when stationary, if so you deffo will not pass any tests.
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster

Post by CaddyShack2k »

The people behind VW are determined to gas people one way or another :(
DING-DONG
Hyper Poster

Post by DING-DONG »

CaddyShack2k wrote:The people behind VW are determined to gas people one way or another :(
Probably trying to kill us off without us knowing, a bit like Hitler.
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster

Post by CaddyShack2k »

The Third Reich is alive and kicking in Wolfsburg :(
Mat1989
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Mat1989 »

Darkside maybe worth a look then, im sure i read somewhere that for the mot the tester has to carry out a visual check to make sure it is fitted. does anyone know if this is the case? when you removed your EGR and DPF did it make much of a difference?

sorry for all the questions i just want to learn before i commit to go and do :D

thanks for all the useful advice
DING-DONG
Hyper Poster

Post by DING-DONG »

Mines still in place however there's nothing inside, darkside gutted it, weld it back up so no one can tell, my van feels more eager and pulls strong and more reliable.
Golfgtd11
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Golfgtd11 »

DING-DONG wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:02 am I travel 160 mile round trip to have Darkside work on my van, they are very professional and the set up there is top dollar.

I've had the following done by Darkside- egr - dpf del - remap - new dmf- new dsg clutch.

I believe new laws are coming into force in April for the dpf regarding testing particles and will be able to tell if it's deleted or collapsed, however I've also read on a mot test forum they may not be able to test our vans to give a correct reading due to the fact the rpm is restricted while stationery and within this restricted rpm they should pass the test.

Now I've not had the Vw scandal fix, I declined it, if you have had the fix does it remove the restriction and rev freely when stationary, if so you deffo will not pass any tests.

Regarding the rpm restricted while stationary ,It only applies to the DSG gearboxes doesn’t it?
I know the cars I’ve had with DSG are limited to about 2k rpm while stationary,But I’m sure the manual versions rev freely .Right?
Bionicman
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Bionicman »

Golfgtd11 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:40 pm Regarding the rpm restricted while stationary ,It only applies to the DSG gearboxes doesn’t it?
I know the cars I’ve had with DSG are limited to about 2k rpm while stationary,But I’m sure the manual versions rev freely .Right?
My 2011 2.0 tdi with 6 speed manual gearbox will not rev past 2500 rpm when stationary.
Golfgtd11
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Golfgtd11 »

Just been to my van to try 1.6tdi manual and mine will definitely rev out