Caddy Bumpers Mirrors Respray Cost

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
KDW
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Caddy Bumpers Mirrors Respray Cost

Post by KDW »

Hello guys. I've just bought a 2014 Caddy Startline in white with black bumpers and mirrors. I'm wanting to get them colour coded to match the body and have been given a quote of £600 using high build primer. Does that price seem about right or a bit high? Thanks.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Caddy Bumpers Mirrors Respray Cost

Post by Doc »

It's a common question on the forum and there is not straight forward answer.
It all depends on a few factors:
(1) Your location. Central London V's Scottish Highlands will be drastically different.
(2) Your bumpers. What condition are they in, do they need any repairs or just primer and paint?
(3) The colour. Painting processes vary depending on flat, Metallic, pearl paints.
(4) Your desired finish. Just colour match or show standard?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
KDW
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by KDW »

No damage. The van is pretty mint condition. I live in Durham North East. Not looking for a show finish, just something decent.
hungry monkey
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by hungry monkey »

worth looking at getting them wrapped perhaps, if you can get a match? i've seen £60 for mirrors to be wrapped.

i'm about to plasti-dip a couple of items - meant to give a reasonable finish and easy to do, though you won't get a colour match.
Ricksy1121
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Ricksy1121 »

I’m going down this route, mail order bumper comes painted in your colour. I was unsure about paint match so they said I can post the fuel cap to colour match the paint with.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2438972850

That also have rear bumper so I’m going to get both.
Caddy 1.2tsi 2018 - fiat 126 bis 1991- bond bug 1971
watty1998
100BHP+

Post by watty1998 »

Mines currently in for colour matching today, I’m in the highlands and was
£200 front bumper
£80 for front grille
£170 for rear bumper

Just to give you an idea, I’ll post some pics when done as it’s not like anything I’ve seen on here yet 😏
watty1998
100BHP+

Post by watty1998 »

hungry monkey wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:35 pm worth looking at getting them wrapped perhaps, if you can get a match? i've seen £60 for mirrors to be wrapped.

i'm about to plasti-dip a couple of items - meant to give a reasonable finish and easy to do, though you won't get a colour match.
£60 to have them wrapped?! It’s costing me £50 to get them sprayed..
hungry monkey
Caddy Fan

Post by hungry monkey »

watty1998 wrote: £60 to have them wrapped?! It’s costing me £50 to get them sprayed..
Must be that bumpers are expensive to paint then based on the price quoted in the original post then!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

watty1998
100BHP+

Post by watty1998 »

hungry monkey wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:40 pm Must be that bumpers are expensive to paint then based on the price quoted in the original post then!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
mm i had a quote for £575 down south but up here like i said £450 for both to be done and in 3 different colours which i thought was quite good considering longer labour times compared to a simple one or two colour spray.
Maxi4life
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Maxi4life »

Recently got a primed front bumper, original rear bumper, mirror covers and bezels, two sliding doors (glass out and refitted), lower grill and foglight surrounds, rail covers, door mouldings, rear spoiler, and barn door handle, four door handles.

All taken off, painted and refitted. Except the front bumper, grill, fog surrounds, rail covers and spoiler I fitted myself. £1300 inc Vat.

Great job, can't fault the work. Local big timers wanted £2800 odd plus Vat.

My advice would be to find a local bodyshop that has a couple of employees but is essentially a man and wife business without silly overheads. Look at the cars being worked on! Old restoration projects/classic cars is a very good sign of the work they do.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

RKDesigns
Hyper Poster

Post by RKDesigns »

watty1998 wrote: £60 to have them wrapped?! It’s costing me £50 to get them sprayed..
They need a layer of acryl as base otherwise the wrap comes off ... so they need to be sprayed! Or with special base wrap before the final wrap Goes on it which means double work double material double costs.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk