Newby Q, How easy to remove BG limiter

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Yossarian lives
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Newby Q, How easy to remove BG limiter

Post by Yossarian lives »

Hi all, First post on this forum so go easy on a newby!

I have just bought an ex BG 09 with a 2 l ltr SDi engine. (yes I know I should have done more research!)

I have checked by the pedal and there is no box, so it's done on the ecu

I am not enjoying being in the fast lane trying to overtake a middle lane hogger with Mr Angry Audi driver giving me the finger caus I can't get past quick enough.

I have been reading loads of conflicting info as to how easy it is to either remove:

Main dealer has told me new ECU
Remap firm does it by post but takes a few days (not good if you have plenty of work on)
Have read that limit can be raised to 115 on vag software, Which sounds easy if I can find someone local.

Which, if any of these options is required?

Any help would be really apreciated
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Newby Q, How easy to remove BG limiter

Post by Doc »

I think you've maybe got some crossed wires somewhere.
The raising to 115 is for the 1.6TDI model, not your 2.0SDI.
If you don't have the box at the pedal yours is in the ECU and can be removed by a good tuner.
If you are good with computers, you could maybe even read your file off the ECU and have it modified to be written back on. That's gonna require a interface cable but if it's only for yourself then a cheep eBay job will do. Alternatively, there's bound to be someone near you who can read and write to your ECU without having to send it away.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Yossarian lives
Caddy2k Groupie

Thanks Doc, Following your advice I have found someone in Ashford who is going to plug in and have a go later on next week.

Fingers crossed!
Yossarian lives
Caddy2k Groupie

Just a quick update for anyone else with the same issue and an 09 plate 2 ltr SDi engine.

I took the van to fast road conversions in Ashford, Kent, this morning
http://www.fastroadconversions.co.uk/

Basically from what I saw (and with no idea of the correct terminology) ,they plugged a laptop into the vans obd port, copied and downloaded from the ecu

That file was emailed to a guy who tweeked the settings remotely.
The modified file was then sent back to the laptop. And the newly tweeked file copied back to the ecu.

Did not take that long and now i can get past that middle lane hog safely!
Celticrsmith
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by Celticrsmith »

This is something I need to do. Although they have just installed average speed cameras for the whole of my daily 50 mile commute, it was never a worry of getting caught. But your right, at times when I need a little more power to get past the lane hoggers without mr audi showing his frustrations behind me, this is something I too should look into. Christ, the sdi is slow enough let alone limited lol. Cheers mate
CaddyShack2k
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by CaddyShack2k »

And don't worry about mr Audi, Mr Giulia Quadrfoglio is flashing his lights at him
Caddyluv
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Caddyluv »

@Yossarian lives say hi when you see me fly past you. I’m in Folkestone work a lot in ashford. ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk