limiter removal / remap

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
skierandy
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: limiter removal / remap

Post by skierandy »

Limiter seems like a. It of a nightmare. Something to look out for when I'm buying. Thanks all!!
Ireljo70
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 SDI (70bhp)

Post by Ireljo70 »

Thanks for that. It will be worth a try. Will they be able to tell me if its burnt in the ecu?
dipstr
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

Post by dipstr »

Yep they should just plug it in and check.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

peakrock
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by peakrock »

Took my 2013 1.6TDI ex BG Caddy for a remap and removal of the speed limiter locally yesterday (Norwich). Although the van is listed as 75KW in the V5 and on a printed label by the fusebox, when they put it in the Dyno it measured at 105KW - strange....

Anyway, they did the remap and reckon to be getting 135KW on the Dyno but couldn't remove the speed limiter as the guy said it must be wired in with the throttle pedal. So I looked this morning and the wiring from the pedal potentiometer goes straight into the main loom, it's not been altered in any way and there is no sign of an add on module. Reading other posts and particularly this thread it seems the limiter is most likely coded into the ECU through VCDS? I'm going to contact the remappers again to try and get it sorted - would it be easier for them to raise the limiter to say 100MPH or should they be able to remove it completely if they know how to use VCDS properly?
Thanks
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

I think you might be confusing kw and bhp.
The label and v5 show 75kw which is 102bhp.

I may be wrong, if I am and your remapper genuinely has had 135kw (181bhp) from your 1.6TDI with just a tune-up, he's my new hero.

Try the VCDS method for limiter removal, I've never had a problem that way.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
peakrock
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by peakrock »

Thanks Doc, I meant to check I'd got KW & BHP the right way round before posting.. :oops:
I'll post the results on this thread...
peakrock
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by peakrock »

Just to confirm the speed limiter was removed using VCDS by the remappers - it took less than 5 mins...